1

♡♡♡

"Eunuch Yong! Have you seen Prince Han?!"

The mentioned male turned around to face the restless maiden. "What do you mean, Aeum?", confused as to why the maiden asked him that when she's the personal maid of the said prince.

Aeum looked around to see if anyone's looking and bend down to whisper to the older eunuch, "He's gone!"

"Again?!"

"Yes! Again! What should we do eunuch Yong?! If his majesty know about this, we're off with our heads!"

It's clearly not the first time that the young prince has pulled a trick like this.

The first time he did was obviously not in their list of expectation for him so they completely bamboozled when they were met with an empty sleeping chamber on the moment they're supposed to wake the prince up.

They had to inform all of the royal guards, those on duty and not on duty. Everyone was searching for the prince.

Only to find him walking back into the palace with a sneaky smile on the face in his sleeping white robe that were then covered with dirts all over right past the sunset.

When King Seonjo heard about this, he wasn't at all worried nor disappointed of his prince.

But if it were talking about the other princes then yes, he would be furious.

Prince Han or also known as Yi Je is known for his sociable personality among the villagers. He was dubbed as the most down to earth prince out of all his 25 siblings.

He is also kind to everyone in the palace, including the servants, which is rare for the royalty to do so.

King Seonjo however, did punish the eunuch and maidens that are assigned to serve the prince for letting the 15 year old boy went outside without any royal guards accompanying him.

Knowing this made Prince Han felt terrible and he was quick to apologize to the servants for his recklessness. He even made a promise that he won't cause them trouble like that again.

But it seems like the prince had forgotten his promise as today happened.

"Don't tell the guards, let's find his highness ourselves", the eunuch suggested.

He absolutely don't want to get punish again if this news ever reach the king's ears.

"But we don't even know where his highness went! Last time this happened, his highness was outside the whole time! How can we all go outside at once without the prince himself!?"

Eunuch Yong know that the maiden is right but he can't possibly think of any other options.

"Also, the Injim War hasn't ended yet, the prince could be in danger right now!", Aeum reminded the older male.

Just a few years ago, the kingdom was attacked by the Japanese and was used as a stepping stone to conquer Ming China.

At the time, there were factional division in the Joseon court, inability to assess Japanese military capability and failed attempts at diplomacy led to poor preparation on Joseon's part.