14

The Australian officer entered the investigation room with nothing but a laptop in hand to record every little information that he will get from the investigation.

He would be lying if he said that he's not nervous but then again, this is not his first time doing it.

Sitting in front of him is the one out of two suspect for the attempted murder in Cheong Namdong.

Setting up his laptop, he took his time to greet the man, "I'm officer Lee and I'm sure you know why you're here right? Mr. Seo Changbin?"

Changbin stared at him with a bored face, as if he knows and confident that he is innocent. Felix also think that so but he can't prove anything without the evidence.

"Attempted murder right?", the other said cockily.

His lips curled upwards, snickering at this whole situation he's in. There's a reason that he is not fighting to be released. 

A reason that he cannot logically explain.

Thus the reason why he's here, facing the Australian officer with no anxiety nor nervousness detected.

Felix typed those words into his laptop, recording as he goes, "Can you explain why was one of your man following the victim on the day of the incident?", he asked.

"How would you know that it's me who ordered it? It could be the man's own doing? Haven't you thought of that?"

He halted on what he's doing and look up to the man. They made an eye contact but for some reason, Changbin seems to be so relax that it's impossible to know if he really is the suspect or not.

Unless he's a psychopath then, that would be a different story.

The officer turned to the two way mirror in the room. Behind the mirror, Hyunjin along with another officer named Jaemin were inspecting the investigation from the start.

The two understand what Felix was trying to say and discussed it among them, "Should we arrest his man too then?", Jaemin wondered.

But Hyunjin seems like he has another thing on his mind, "No, no, do you really believe that? Look at him! He seems too confident!", he exclaimed, pointing at the suspect.

"Maybe because he is really innocent? I still think that we should arrest his man though"

The tall officer took a file from somewhere and started going through it, "Lee Jeno, 24 years ol- Wait, he's the same age us"

The other officer sighed at how easy the taller officer can get distracted and snatched the file away from his hand to look at it himself.

Lee Jeno was supposed to be one of the people who is guarding the Acting Prime Minister, Lee Minho but somehow, he was following someone else that day.

"Look, there's definitely something going on with him that day", Jaemin pointed out the other's schedule to his fellow officer.

"Then, what were you doing on the 8th June?", Felix asked the suspect.

If he really wanted to prove the man's innocence, he needs to gather enough evidence but with the cockiness and the confident the man has, it would be harder to do that.

Changbin goes on to tell him what he really did on that day, "I was in my office the entire day, I'm a busy man you know?"

"I will have to ask you to be more specific, what did you do in your office?"

"Work? Like I was supposed to?"

"So, are you saying that Lee Jeno was the one who was tailing the victim by himself?"