17

The two sit down together at the balcony, drinking alcohol and juice as they admire the full moon display on the sky.

None of them bother to speak, hiding their feelings to themselves.

The prince had Jeongin to check up on the said historian that's being kept in one of the many rooms here but it wasn't that easy.

He needs the emperor permission to get through the guards and the emperor being that one petty bitch that he is, refused to give him permission.

It was just after the prince's order then he let the boy through.

"Why did you do it?"

The older turned his head to the prince once he heard him. The voice tone that he was using completely showed how disappointed and upset he is. "Do what?"

It breaks the emperor's heart to see him THIS upset but there's nothing he can do about it. "Why did you kill those people? What did they do wrong for you to just kill them like that?!"

"You don't know them well enough to-"

"Then do you know them?!"

"I DO!", the emperor screamed at the prince. He has always hate the way the prince is so gullible and righteous all the time.

He knew what's right and what's wrong but can be easily persuasive by others just because he doesn't want to hurt their feelings by disagreeing.

As if there's no bad, two faced people in the world.

There's many things that the prince doesn't know because many others agree not to get Jisung in the dirty world along, "You don't know anything that they have done.."

"Then enlighten me with what they hav-"

"No, I promised His Majesty not to get you involved"

The prince has the betrayed look on his face, "Yi Hon hyung knew about this? And still let you kill those people..?", he scoffed.

No words can explain how shocked and scared he is by witnessing this new side of the emperor.

And it seems like the other sensed his fear and tried to scoot closer but was pushed away.

"Don't.. Come closer..."

"Hannie.."

Jisung shook his head aggressively at the mention of his nickname. He couldn't believe that he used to look up to these two people but they turned out to be more than what he imagined them to be.

He then felt a sudden gush of warmth spread all over him when a pair of arms was wrapped around him. "I'm sorry Hannie.. We just don't want you to get hurt"

"No! It's obvious that you're using this to get more power! Y-You! Have the green jade!"

The prince struggled to get out of the other's grip but of course, he couldn't as the other only hug him tighter.

He felt like crying because the way that he was clueless all this time must have been funny to them.

"I'm doing it for you!", the emperor said but Jisung won't fall for those lies again. "I used it because I know you will end up in Korean Empire!"

So, for a long time, the emperor hid the fact that he doesn't know about what's going to happen and still let Jisung exposed to the danger.

Wait, if he knows Korean Empire, doesn't that mean that he also knows about his subconscious? 

"If I can't be the king here then why not be the king there?"

"Why? Why can't you be the king here? Is it because you don't like how dirty- Oh, maybe how doomed the Joseon has become hm?"