Chapter 7

Jake and I went to my hometown that weekend, so that he will meet my family and have the chance to see them too cuz its been too long since the last time I visit them.

I was still in a cloud 9 when Jake suddenly told me something. "Kate I want you to know that in 2weeks time I'll be leaving for the U.S . " I don't know how will I react but the feeling of happiness that I felt just a moment ago has turned into sadness. I want to tell him. . .No you're not serious! But I know he's not the type of guy who would tell a joke. I gather my enough strength to ask him.

"You're not serious aren't you?

He pull over the car and wipe my tears I didn't know that tears started to flow from my eyes. . . " It's not what you think of. I really love you Kate its just that I can't let the opportunities past. This is my dream and now that you're here please try to understand that I'm doing it for us.

Jake hug me so tight and I hold him back and cried really hard. I just can't believe that what we have will only last for a few days. A lot of things came up to my mind "I was scared!" I've never been in a long distance relationship before. And I know that some relationships that been there didn't last.

"Hey! What's wrong?

"nothing! It's just that I get a little scared Jake... What if we didnt make it?

You know that some relationship don't last once they wer seperated. "

" Im not demanding on anything. Im just trying to tell you what are the possibility is..."

Jake didn't say anything. He knows what kathy's trying to tell him. He's just silent for a couple of seconds then hug her girlfriend again.

" We will get married!..."

" What!? Jake u know that's not a solution. "

All of a sudden Kathy just broke into tears and Jake suddenly feel iritated and begun to shout " Then what the hell do you want me to do Kathy!!! "

Kathy felt so numb she didnt know what to say " why its happening? " a few weeks ago she and Jake wer so damned happy and now everything start to be unpleasent scene for the two of them.

" Okey Jake its over..." Kathy replied without any hesitation.

" Kathy what?!!! Are you crazy? Come on we are not teenagers. Why!don't you love me? "

Jake God knows how much I love you and being apart from you makes me feel dying. But what do you want me to do? wait for you until when? we both know that nothing is permanent in this world even us. And Jake held her so tight and kiss her so deep that she couldnt breathe anymore.

Jake told her that everything will gona be fine and assure her that he will be back for her.

They went on to Kathys hometown and spend the night with her family.

Jake wins the heart of Kathys parents and siblings.

They like Jake for their daughter.

Kathy is bussy at the kitchen while her Dad and Jake watching basketball together.

The next morning it was an ordinary day for the two of them Jake went home while Kathy go to work.

On their last day of being together they spend it on Kathys aparment cuz thats how Jake want to spend his few hours here in the Philippines.

Hey! Please I dont want to go seing you so sad and full of tears.

Love i promise I will do everything to comeback soon and we will get married please promise me you will wait no matter what happen?

Kathy just kiss him on the lips as a sign of YES.

She still staring at the sky even its almost a minutes past since Jake plane has take off. She felt so lost she couldnt describe the loneliness and sorrow that she feels. While heading to the exit gate somebody calls her name.... " Kathy! "

She looks around and saw this tall guy heading to her way.

" Kathy! its Marco remember? Bam's Cousin from Baguio we've met before at Bams 18th bday though its a long time ago. "

Kathy just smiled back and told him the reason why she's at the airport her boyfriend leaves for the U.S

Marco invited her for a snack and decided not to go home yet. since she doesn't want to cry again. For a short time she forgot the pain that she feels a few hours ago cuz Marco tries to make her laugh all the time.