Part 14

Kate staring at her self infront of the mirror looking for an answer " what did you do Kate? You're just making things more complicated!? " she knows she have to prepare for whatever consequences she will have to face. Everything happens so fast. Why did she allow it to happened? She has all the rights to stop evetything, but why did she allow Joey to be a part of her life again.
A knock on the door suddenly interefere her temporary insanity.
It was Bam and Mike the two were staring at her without any clue of what might be the reason of her being looking so troubled.
" Are you okey Kate? You look so stressfull? Did you get a good sleep last night? " ask her bestfriend.
" Of course I did! " she replied right away.
" Kate we have something to tell you..." Mike suddenly breaks his silence.
" Jake will be coming home next month."
Kate was shock upon hearing her bestfriend boyfriend.
"Are you sure?" Although she's not that convinced yet still deep inside of her she was so excited upon hearing what Mike just told to her.

The three were eating breakfast and enjoying talking about Jake when a car stop infront of Kate's apartment
It was Joey's car and Kate hurried to the main door to open it for Joey.

" Hi! Come in join us for breakfast Im just going to make a coffee for you oh by the way Mike and Bam were here too..."

Joey hessitated to come in when he heard that Bam and her boyfriend were there coz its a little awkward for him to be with them but its too late to refuse so instead he was heading at the kitchen with Kate beside her.

" Good morning!" He greeted the couple. Mike and Bam were surprised to see him that early. Even if he wanted to go but he cant do that now that they were eating breakfast and besides it would be a disrespect for Kate's visitor if he will leave without eating anything.
Bam went to Kate while Joey and Mike started their conversations.
"Ehhhhemmm.... Kate can i ask you something?"
Kate felt a little nervous she knows what's on her bestfriend mind. She knows she couldnt keep a secret to her bestfriend.
"Ok what is it?" She answered.
"Kate your my bestfriend does Joey courting you again? I know and its ovious that your ex still likes you and you cant denied it to me?"
" Oh no! Were just friends okey?!" She replied confidently thinking that Bam wont noticed that her face was turning red.
" Are you sure?" "Of course Im sure?" Kate's trying to act so natural dispite of being uncomfortable she knows to herself that she couldnt hide what the real score between her and Joey especially what just happened between the two of them. Now she have to face her fear that sooner or later she has to be prepare that anytime soon Jake will be coming home and she loves her boyfriend so much that hurting him is the last thing on her mind but what she did is morethan she cant handle she is scared of the consequences that she knows she have to accept it and even loosing one of the two special people in her life.