Chapter ONE: Mr. Green Eyes

Chapter ONE: "Mr. Green Eyes?"

"Alex!" A loud banging was getting louder from the door. "Alex, wake up! You're going to be late!"

I groaned, putting the pillow over my head.

"-Do you have the key?" The person behind the door asked someone. "You do? Can you open this door?" It was paused then I heard the door scraping off the hardwood floor. "Thank you. Alex, get your butt up now."

I glared up at my annoying best friend, Thomas.

"You're going to be late."

I sat up from my bed, glaring at Thomas. He threw his hands up in submission.

"Well, aren't you a wonderful sight in the morning." He joked.

I threw the covers off of me and stood up. "What are you doing here, anyways?"

"To remind to you that you have an interview later on when you leave work." My eyes flickered to him. "You forgot, didn't you?"

"No, I remembered." I lied. Of course, I forgot. I've been so busy, lately. I haven't even gotten my questions set out.

"Yeah, sure." I guess he didn't believe me. "Who are you interviewing, anyways?"

I looked around for the paper. I found it and it read 'Suzanne Collins, Author of the Hunger Games, Trilogy.'

"Suzanne Collins," I answered him.

"Suzanne Collins? Who the hell is that?" He asked, with confusion writing all over his face.

I picked up a pillow and threw it at him but he caught it. "You don't know who Suzanne Collins is?" He shook his head. "I should I slap you. You never heard of The Hunger Games book?"

He shook his head again. "Sounds boring and sounds like a hobo book."

I jogged over to my bookshelf and grabbed the Hunger Games Trilogy then handed them to Thomas.

"Read them. You won't regret it."

"Whatever." He took them out of my hands then examined them. "You should get dress. You have about thirty-five minutes to get to work."

Oh, shoot! I thought while grabbing my clothes and hurrying to the bathroom.

Showering up as fast as I could, I quickly hopped out and threw my clothes on. Throwing my natural curly hair into a ponytail, I opened the door and put my shoes on then grabbed my keys and phone before leaving out of the door.

Thomas, Cailyn, and Caidan were already downstairs in the dining room eating.

"Where's Mia?" I asked, while grabbing a plate from the rack and tossing some food on there.

Cailyn shrugged. "She didn't come out her room when I knocked on the door."

I ate quickly before running up the stairs to Mia's room. I opened the door and she was laying across the bed while looking at her phone,

"What are you doing?"

"I'm on the Gram."

"I don't care if you were talking to the gram. You have school, now get up and get dress."

"I'm not going."

"Yes, you are. I'm not going to tell you again. Get up and get ready for school because you are going."

She huffed and slammed her phone down on dresser before grabbing some clothes and putting them on. I'm not paying for another one if she breaks this phone. I bought her more than five phones in the past three months. It was either stolen, broke, or stopped working.