Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN: The Night Before

In the media ^^ is Cassie and how her make up and hair is done. Long chapter ahead. Nothing sad or depressing anymore, just fun and cheerful games.

Chapter TWENTY- SEVEN: The Night Before (Part One)

Three Weeks Later

It was a day before the wedding and everyone was already settled in the Paris hotel called Four Seasons Hotel George V. It was absolutely beautiful but expensive. Alex couldn't understand how someone can pay for it but she was friends with billionaires. Billionaires? Who knew her life would change so drastically like this? All she did was bump into one of the most richest man in the world then fell in love with him. She can admit it. She did. There's no lying about that. He made her feel gorgeous and needed. Needed, not wanted. She wasn't doing him a favor and he wasn't doing her a favor. Loving a white man that's one thing she never thought she'd do.

She was just so happy that everything was almost back to normal. Cassie was still out of it sometimes but other times she was caught with a smile, laughing and being her old self. Thomas was just feeling better because Cassie was. Just like Cassie, he still got down at times but no one blamed or shamed him. Everyone understood their pain. No one expected them to get over it that easily. But, the biggest surprise was Zuly, after what Lance had told her, she had come to her senses and accepted Thomas and Cassie's relationship. And, she wished them a happy wedding. She had been seen quiet, in the corner, these past weeks. She may have accepted Thomas but that didn't mean she accepted Alex. To her, Alex was still a target and she had thought and still thinks that Trinity Mitchell was the right fitting for her eldest son. She may have not arranged a marriage for Logan, but that's only because Brenda came from a wealthy background. She was going to do everything in her power to make her son understand Trinity was the "perfect woman" for him. She had everything from the looks, money connections, and power. Alex didn't exactly come from a wealthy background but she didn't come from a poor background either. Her parents had given Alex and Allen everything they needed though. They had just enough to take care of their family and then some left over. Alex never felt unfortunate and that's because she came from a loving and honest family.

"Let's take a picture." Mia announced, gathering all the ladies attention. "This is my first time in Paris. Let's make the best of it." She held the latest iPhone that Xavier had bought her, because she finally aced a test, up in the air as all of the ladies except the grandmothers and Alex. It wasn't a surprise Alex didn't do photos. She loved to create them, not be in them. "Paris, baby!"

"Put that on Snapchat." Tasha suggested as her and Brenda were the closest, besides Mia, to the camera.

Alex chuckled from the corner of the villa's living room. The bridesmaids besides Mia were all dressed for the bachelorette party at the strip club. She hadn't gotten dressed yet; though she did plan to go, she was just waiting on the bride. Oh, right. Cassie. Where is she? Alex thought to herself before getting up from the comfortable chair.

As soon as she stood, her body cried out for her to sit back down. Alex had been busy for the past month and a half getting the wedding, reception, honeymoon and bachelorette party together and dealing with the whole miscarriage and attempted suicide, she hadn't had the time to rest but she knew her job as the maid of honor wasn't done. It was only done until after they had sent Tom and Cassie off for their honeymoon.

She stretched her limbs as she hurt a crack and it relaxed her muscles as she started her search for Cassie. Honestly, there was no need for a search, she knew exactly where she was. If she wasn't out in the living room having fun then she's most likely in the room hugging on a pillow and staring at the wall or black screen television.