Chapter TWENTY-ONE: After

Sorry for the wait.

Chapter TWENTY-ONE: After

The next day I woke up in Xavier's arms, confused. Then, I remembered how he got there. He had showed last night on the verge tears. I never saw him so brokenhearted before. I tore me apart.

I giggled as he scrunched his perfect nose up in his sleep before one eye opened then closed back real quick. I shook my head. "Really? I now know that you're awake."

He moaned. "Xavier's sleep right now. Leave a message after the beep... Beeep. " He mumbled.

Rolling my eyes, I leaned in and pecked his lips. That immediately caught his attention.

"That's all I get?" He grumbled.

Chuckling as I sit up and lean against the headboard with a groan. "For right now."

"We'll see about that." He said, before pushing me back down on the bed and getting on top of me. His lips connected with mines in a lustful way.

Opening my eyes, I stretched my arms out and was met with an empty space. Out of instinct, I quickly sat up staring at the space before looking around the room. Where did Xavier go? Hm. Shrugging my shoulders, I hopped out of the bed and went into the bathroom. Grabbing a towel and wash rag out of the bathroom closet, I sat it on top of the toilet then turned on the water. Once the water had gotten warm enough, I turned the shower on. I didn't have any clothes on so I just stepped in.

After showering for about ten minutes, I stepped out and grabbed the towel. Wrapping it around my wet frame, I exited the bathroom and walked into my room closet. Dropping the towel, I grabbed some white leggings and a blue shirt that covers the butt part. I threw them on before letting my hair out of the bun. Not really feeling like doing anything with it, I just let it stay wet and wavy. I slipped on some blue flats.

Walking out of the closet, I grabbed my phone off of the dresser before checking it. I had three messages from Cassie, regarding the wedding. Two from Thomas about the wedding and Xavier. Four from Allen about watching the kids or having our parents watch them while they go out of town again. Ugh. I just can't deal with them anymore. Three from Natasha about how we should have a Girls Night Out and we need to talk asap. One from Brenda saying "Hey, girl." And, the last one from Sam. He was talking about his birthday coming up and hooking him up with somebody. I just can't take this kid seriously. But, now that I think about it.. Him and Mia would be perfect together. Same age and everything.

Anyways, I ignored them, deciding I'll text them back later. I opened the room door and close it back before going down the stairs. As I began to get closer to the kitchen, I could smell the food hitting my nostrils in full affect. Walking into the kitchen brought me back so many memories. Watching Mom cooking on the stove with an apron and Dad sitting at the table with a newspaper. Even, Xavier was sitting at the table, concentrating on a stack of papers with a pen in his hand and some reading glasses.

Mom finally noticed my presence. "Oh, you're awake. How did you sleep?" She smirked as she caught Dad and Xavier's attention.

"I slept okay."

"Just okay? I figure after all that noise, you'd be gone all day." She continued, causing Xavier to chuckle. Dad went back to reading the paper but his light skin was turning red. This man was fuming.

"Funny." I said, sarcastically.

Xavier decided to join in. "I'm sure you had a peaceful nap, isn't that right?" I rolled my eyed as he smirked. "I'm shocked you're vocal chords are shot." They both laughed.