Chapter SEVEN: "Leave Me Alone!"

I stood in the mirror. I can do this. I inhaled deeply then exhaled. Cassie was taking me out tonight with Logan, her other brother, Thomas, and some of her friends. I wasn't planning on going at first but Cassie and Thomas begged me. So, I finally agreed.

Saturday night... It's gonna be a long night.

"Xanie, you look amazing." I looked at Cassie through the mirror. "Honey you're figure is to die for. I don't understand why you wear regular clothes. You should wear clothes that make you stand out."

"Maybe I don't want to stand out."

"Of course, you don't want to but you have to. I would kill to have a body like yours. God! You're blessed, my sister."

I let out a laugh before fixing my shirt.
"You got some nice shorts there. Whose are they?" Cassie smirked, while tugging on the bottom of the jeans.

"Cass, you know they're yours."

"I know, just wanted to brag." She grabbed my arm. "Let's go."

I grabbed my purse and we left out of my room. I locked my room door knowing either my nieces or nephew would try to get in when I'm out.

"Hold on real quick." I held my finger to Cassie before walking over to Mia's. Knowing their parents weren't gonna be back...for God knows how long, I had to make sure their comfortable. I maybe a little too young for kids but that doesn't mean I can't take care of them.

Opening her room, I peeked my head in. "Hey, I'm heading out. You're in charge until I come back."

She looked up from her phone and groaned. "Where are you going? And how long do I have to babysit? I'm not fit for this, ya' know?"

I rolled my eyes. "I won't be long."

"Why can't Uncle Tom watch them?"

"Because he is leaving with us too. Mia won't be long. You're in charge. Don't go in my room and don't try to open my door. It's lock. Don't leave this house. Don't cook anything unless it's made in the microwave. And please...make sure you actually watch them. I don't want to come home and see that one of them went to the hanging tree, alright?"

I heard Cassie giggling behind me and I turned to look at her before turning back to Mia.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree?-" Cassie continued to sing the song as Mia started talking.

"Am I getting paid for this?"

I bit my lip before I could say something rude. "Yeah, twenty dollars."

"Twenty dollars? When Megan babysit her mom pays her over fifty dollars."

"Well, guess what, little one? I'm not Megan's mom. Now you're babysitting until I come back for twenty dollars and that's it."

"I don't have to watch them."

"And you don't have to stay in my house or get paid."

She didn't say anything but look down to her phone. I shut the door taking it as she's going to babysit. She had no choice. I looked at Cassie as she was still singing The Hanging Tree.

"-Where dead man called out, For his love to flee. Strange things did happen here. No stranger would it be, If we met at midnight, In the hanging tree." She took a deep breath before smiling. "I'm finished."

Shaking my head, I walked passed her and down the stairs. I didn't have on heels, just flats, so I was good with walking. Don't judge me. I'm still a teacher so I can't go to a club with a short dress or anything like that. I'm also still a grown woman, who carries herself well.