Chapter SIXTEEN: Family Dinner Part 2

Alexandria

The whole ride there, I couldn't stop myself from laughing or smiling. Sebastian, Natasha's husband, is hilarious. Mix him, Thomas, and Brenda together and you've got yourself a comedian show. Those three people are the funniest people ever, well, in this limo.

Xavier hadn't let go of my hand since we've got into the limo. Now that I think about it...he hadn't let go of my hand since we left the house. He was sitting the closest to the door, so his right hand was slightly gripping mines and the left one was resting over my shoulders.

The limo finally stopped and Mr. Fuller opened the door for us and Xavier slid out first before grabbing my hand and helping me out. I thanked him and smoothed out my dress. The smile on my face wouldn't leave. I am just so excited for this night. To meet finally Xavier's parents.

Glancing up at the mansion in front of us, I began to wonder why do they need all of these houses. They could've just had the family dinner at one of their kids' houses. Is this house just for family dinners or what?

"This is the house we grew up in. When my parents moved out of the country, we decided to keep the house." Xavier informed me as we walked up the steps, that's in front of the house.

Just as we walked up the stairs, the front double doors were opened from the inside by a man. His skin was brown skinned. His eyes dark brown almost black. His black hair is evenly cut and smooth. He had on a navy blue tuxedo with a black tie and black shoes. His mouth had a large grin that showed off his perfectly white teeth with braces. Now that I look at him more, he looked very young. Maybe too young.

Xavier let go to hug the boy and they laugh together to what I have no idea. It was like a silent conversation or maybe they were whispering. Who knows? But, before I knew it, they turned my way. He motioned me over to them then put his arm around my waist. "This is Alexandria. Alexandria this is my nephew, Samuel---"

"Its Sam." The boy looked at me after glaring at Xavier. "Hi, hotness, I'm Sam."

Shaking my head at him, I smiled. "I'm Alexandria...not hotness." I muttered the last part.

"So cool to see my uncle with an actual pretty girlfriend. Instead of that Vivian girl...I think that was her name." Xavier shook his head. "Valerie?" Xavier rolled his eyes, dismissing the conversation. "Nice to meet you, Alex--- Mom!"

Sam shoulder brushed Xavier to get behind him. Looking over my shoulder to see who was going to and saw it was Brenda and Logan. Clenching my eyebrows together then looked up at Xavier. But before I could even ask, he answered. "He was adopted."

"How old is he?" I asked, as we walked into the luxurious house.

"He's about to turn sixteen in a week or two."

"How long has he been in the family."

Xavier shrugged. "Since he was born. They just adopted him a few years ago. Brenda found him by himself as a baby in the hospital she worked at. She took him to the police but they didn't do anything about it so she just took him in and raised him as her own. They've always wanted a child of their own and Sam was a blessing to them."

"Wow, that was generous of them." He nodded. "But, uh, what about you? Have you ever wanted a child of your own?"

My heart sunk as the smile on his face receded. His eyes turned cold and I've never seen him this upset before. Maybe I should've ask.