Chapter: TWENTY-FOUR: Blood and Heartbreaks

Songs for this chapter

(Demi Lovato :: Stone Cold)
(Beyonce :: Heaven)

Chapter TWENTY-FOUR: Blood and Heartbreaks

Sitting in the court room, I was nervous. Sweating wasn't my thing but at this moment it was pouring down my forehead. Was I ready? This would make me their official guardian.

The process wasn't as long as I predicted. The judge asked a few questions considering my household and occupations. They asked me about Allen and Zoe. I told the truth. They couldn't take care of them like they should have done.

The judge felt that I was fit to continue to take care of them. They would have to send a social worker every now and then to make sure everything's going well. Nothing's changed. The only difference is I'm taking care of them legally now, which I'm proud about.

Two Weeks Later

Looking down at my phone as the call went to voicemail again, her car is here but why isn't she answering her phone? We're supposed to fly out to Paris to make sure everything is going accordingly with the venue. We planned to take the kids with us as it would only take a few days, no more than three. "Hm." I hummed before grabbing my purse and getting out of the car.

Walking up to the door, I heard a loud cry and some commotion from the inside. Pushing the door open, I shut the door back and dropped my purse on the floor before slipping my phone in my back pocket. Stepping up the stairs slowly and quietly, I tried to listen for any noise. Hearing movements in her bedroom, I pushed the door open slowly and stepped in, looking around. Where is she?

Sighing, I turned back but stopped once I heard a low groan in the bathroom, following by some sobbing. "Cassie!"

The groan got louder and I could tell it was her. "Alex!"

Rushing to the door, I tried to open it but it was locked. "Cassie, open the door. Are you hurt?"

"Don't come in, please." Her voice sounded like she was in pain, like she was hurt.

"Cassie, please open the door."

She didn't respond so I got more worried. Looking around, frantically trying to find anything that'll open the door. I spotted a pair of scissor and quickly grabbed them before doing some technique to open the door. Once it cracked, I pushed the door opened and nearly cried myself at the scene. Cassie on the floor, sitting in a large puddle of blood. She was crying.

"Alex, my baby!" She cried to me.

Quickly I ran over to her ignoring the blood and wrapped her in my arms as she cried against me.

"The baby? Is he okay? Do you think he's okay?" She cried. "The blood. The baby."

"He's fine, Cassie. Its okay." I tried to sooth her, knowing that she must've had a miscarriage and its too much for her to handle. Sliding my phone out of my pocket, I dialed 911.

The dispatcher answered the phone. "911, what's your emergency?"

"I need an ambulance here...at, um, Twenty-Nineteen Westbrooke Avenue."

"Please hold." The lady said, nonchalantly.

"No, I need an ambulance right fucking now! I will not hold! I will not wait! Get me a goddamn ambulance right now!" The silence over the phone agitated me. "Hello?!"

"Yes, miss, we're sending an ambulance right now."

"Thank you." Pressing speaker on my phone, I slid it over on the floor in case the dispatcher has anything else to say. "Hey, Cass, we're gonna get you some help, okay?"