Chapter FOUR: "What should I do?"

Chapter 4: "What should I do?"

(Next Day: Tuesday)

"Are you taking the kids to school?" Tom asked.

"You're the one with the car." I responded back.

"So, that's it? You're gonna sit here all day? What about work?"

"I don't feel like going in today." I shrugged while I lounged on the couch. "Just one of those days, Tommy."

He sighed then sat down on the arm on the couch. "I'll take the kids to school but when I come back you better be dressed and ready to go because you're going to work."

"We'll see."

He got up and walked away. A few minutes later, I heard the front door open and close. I grabbed the remote off the coffee table and turned on the tv. I flipped through the channels then stopped when I saw Project Runway.

"Ha! Ha! Yes, this is my show." I grinned, while adjusting myself to get comfortable.

_

"Alex, what the fuck? I told you to be ready."

I didn't look away from the television when he spoke. I just ignored him.

"Alright, fine." I heard him say.

I glanced over on the corner of my eyes to see him sitting down on the couch next to me.

"Who is he?"

Catching my full attention, I turned my head towards him.

"What?"

"I said who is he?"

"Who's who?"

"The man. The guy you're all stressed about."

"I'm not stressed over a man."

"Okay, then why are you just sitting in the house? Huh? Is he stalking you or something?"

"No. I just- I just don't want to run into him again."

"Why not?"

I shrugged. "I mean, look at me. I'm not fit for a guy like him."

He hummed before nodding and looking away. "Maybe you should go talk to him."

"Do you really think I should talk to him?"

"If you like him so much. Go up to him and tell him how it is. If he don't like you back, he's lost."

I smiled and hugged him. He always give the best advice.

"What should I do?"

"I think you should go to his job and talk to him...wherever he works."

My eyes widen a bit. "Oh! He gave me his card. It has his job on it. I think that's where he works."

"Well, tomorrow you should go...after work because you can't miss too many days." He answered. "Matter of fact, get up and get dress. I'm taking you to Art Institute of California on Bedford Avenue, miss."

I groaned and got up then walked up the stairs.

"I hate you sometimes, Thomas."

"Sure you do. Where would you be without Thomas Leon Perry?"

I rolled my eyes and put on my clothes. I guess I have to go into work today.