Chapter TWENTY-THREE

Chapter TWENTY-THREE: Don't Cry

Sighing, I pulled opened the door before walking down the halls to my classroom. I unlocked the door before kicking the doorstop in front of the door. With all the wedding planning for Cassie, with all the stress from my parents and Xavier, I've become incurably exhausted, and to have to come into work...I almost forgot I had a job. But, nonetheless, I can't allow my students to see me slacking lowly. So, I have to keep a smile on my face and try my best to ignore the tiredness and sore muscles.

I sat my belongings on my desk and began to set up for today's lesson. Just as I finished, my phone started to light up. Picking it up and unlocking it, I rolled my eyes at the text message.

Cassie:
Drinks tonight, bishh to celebrate great news!!
Me:
You're pregnant. No drinks tonight. We can celebrate another way.

Two seconds later, she responded.

Cassie:
No one has to know. It can be our little secret.
Me:
Absolutely not. You're gonna take good care of this baby while I'm around.
Cassie:
😭😒 Party pooper.
Me:
Careless mother.👏✌
Cassie:
Woah what's crawled in your food this morning?
Me:
No comment... Look, I got work to do...something that you and your family isn't used to.

She replied back but I didn't look at it. I just sat it as the bell rung and I prepared for the noise that's to bring when my students enter the room.

I let out an exhausted sigh as I sat back in my chair. Classes been over for the past hour but I haven't picked up the strength to get up. Laying my head down on my desk, I groan. "You look exhausted?" A voice said. I didn't even look up. I already knew who it was.

"I am." My voice came out as a muffle but I said it loud enough for him to hear.

"Maybe I can help with that." His voice suddenly gotten low.

I wanted to lift my head up but my muscles were so weak. Hearing his footsteps getting closer, I blushed as his hands slowly made their way up my back. "Xavier...."

"Shhhh..." He shushed me while his hands made their way up to my shoulders. He began applying pressure, messaging them. Moaning quietly, as I moved slightly to get comfortable.

The wedding planning has been going well, actually. We went back to get the bridesmaids dresses fitted. Tasha hated their dress but had to deal with it. Brenda loved her dress. The bridesmaids dresses are Lavender Cinderella asymmetric neckline sleeveless half backless court train. The colors are very different for a wedding but this is Cassie... She's different.

We went straight to a diner after Xavier and I left my job. Cassie and I are supposed to be discussing wedding plans but she keeps cracking jokes and getting off topic. "Okay, enough." I chuckled after she started to tell me a story of when her and Xavier were younger. "We have to get serious, Cass. When do you want the wedding?"

She sipped her tea before answering. "The fourteenth."

"Next month I'm assuming?" She nodded her head. I wrote down the date before looking back up to her. "What kind of wedding do you want?"

She paused to think before gasping. "I've always dreamt of a castle wedding."

"A castle wedding?" I clenched my eyebrows together before shaking my head. "Okay." I mumbled while writing that down. "And, where do you want this to be?"