Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The next day, I woke up earlier than usual. I wanted to have time to eat breakfast with Alexandria and more so speak to her about my father's suggesting. She's not a person who enjoys a lot of attention so I have no idea how she'd respond.

Plus, I wanted to make her breakfast for a change. She's always made breakfast for the kids and I. So, I just wanted to change that.

I slipped my socks on and sweat pants on before leaving out of the bedroom quickly and quietly. If she'd see me trying to cook, she would tell me to sit down and let her do it. I want her to feel like the queen that she is. Queens shouldn't have to work hard, or work at all.

Walking down the hall, I quietly opened the twins, Cailyn and Caidan's, room door. They could've had their own room, in my house, but they are so inseparable. I smiled in content while they slept. I had grown to feel like a father to them but to them an older brother, which is okay. I don't want to replace their real father, Allen. He's been trying lately more so than their mother, Zoe. He probably called and video chatted with them everyday. Zoe probably called once or twice a week, at the most.

I shut their room door quietly before going down the spiral staircase and headed straight for Mia's room. I opened the door as softly as I could but it was no need, like usual, she was up with the television on with her phone in her hand. She was so into both electronics that she didn't even hear me open the door.

"Good morning."

Her head snapped over to me. "Morning." She looked back down to her phone. "What's cracking, homie?"

Shaking my head with a smile. She reminds me so much of my annoying sisters. "I'm about to make breakfast. What do you have a taste for? I'm only asking you because you're the only one awoke."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Shit, anything really. This bitch here," She pointed to herself. "Is hungry as hell. Plus, aunty always makes breakfast. And, I just eat whatever she makes."

"Thank you. That was extremely helpful."

"Oh, you're welcome. But, do you mind hurrying up? My stomach is folding up in my ass."

I turned to walk away but stopped. "You know Alexandria doesn't like when you all curse, right?"

She rolled her eyes again before shrugging her shoulders. "What are you going to do? Snitch, put soap in my mouth? It's not that serious."

"Whatever. But, just because I tolerate it doesn't mean you can just say it freely. Alexandria doesn't want you cursing, just don't do it around her, alright?"

"I'll try."

I shook my head and closed the door before walking towards the kitchen. That girl is too much. She's about to turn sixteen and she doesn't know how to act.

I walked into the kitchen and began cooking. I'm not the best cook but after some lessons from Alexandria and my aunt, Zaria, I'm now qualified to be in the kitchen. I should make something simple but my future wife and the kids deserve the best. They deserve everything over the top. Bacon, eggs, toast, biscuits, sausages, fruit, and grits it is.

-

It took almost fifteen minutes to make everything and I made a plate for all five of us before grabbing the orange juice and apple juice out of the refrigerator. I know the twins like Apple juice and so does Alexandria. Mia and I are the only ones that like orange juice. After pouring the juice in each other, I put it back in the refrigerator.

I left out of the kitchen and knocked on Mia's door before opening the door. "Breakfast is finished."

"Oh, hell yeah." She tossed her phone before getting up and running passed me. She must've been serious about being extremely hungry.