Cave Battle

'There's no way I can be hit with that light if I'm undead.'

"Things are different now." You began to step forward as Link held his ground. "There's no dirt circle here for you."

"I won't hesitate." Link said defiantly as you watched the light from his sword fade.

"Then-" You began to charge at him. 'I have to make sure to defend myself properly, I might be fighting for my second life here.'

You built up a swing and missed as Link jumped back. 'I'm not in my best form with this sword yet, but if I can keep him at a distance-'

There was a sharp noise of clanging metal and suddenly you saw Link's eyes in front of you. He didn't let you set anything up within the closed distance as he hit you with consecutive strikes.

'Oi, oi, oi-' You struggled to fully block Link's flurry of attacks with the weight of your blade. Some of his hits broke through your guard and disturbed your form. 'This isn't working-'

You quickly waved your hand over your gem to dismiss your sword and jumped back.

"This will have to do!-" You tightened your body and stood your ground.

Link looked a bit confused but continued with his next swing.

Before his blade reached its point of impact you ducked down and swiped your legs around to Link's feet.

He was able to react quickly enough to move one leg but you caught his other one while was he was stepping back.

As he was falling to the floor you leapt up and summoned your great sword again. Then with its weight, you were able to hold it down on it's flat side to pin Link on the ground.

"Stop this." You said firmly.

Tsssss!

You scrunched your brows in disbelief. 'This bastard-'

You were suddenly blown back along with him as the bomb detonated.

'Don't tell me he pulled it out as he was falling.' Your back hit the cave wall and you dropped to the floor with a thud. 'But!-' You glanced over at Link. 'Surely you couldn't avoid damage from that either!'

You then scrambled to your feet and made your way over to Link who was still on the ground motionless.

'This is my chance-' You hovered your hand over you belt but didn't wave it. 'Wait a minute.'

Link still wasn't moving.

"Link!" You shouted with worry as you kneeled by his side. "Hey Link?!" You then slightly shook him.

'What am I supposed to do? If Ghirahim shows up now-'

Link began to cough and you sighed in relief.

"(Y/N)-" He kicked himself away and crawled up. "What are you doing?"

"..."

It looked like Link had taken more damage from the explosion. He had one eye shut and was holding his shoulder in pain.

'I could keep attacking him but it will be difficult. He's always one step ahead of me and I doubt being injured would limit his capabilities.'

"Pull out your weapon and fight me." He demanded.

"No." You weren't about to say that you sucked with a great sword. 'I think I can last long enough without a weapon to satisfy him.'

"I'll make you regret that." He scrunched his face in dissatisfaction as he pointed his sword up.