Reunion

When you exited the cavern you were met with dim, dusk light. It was a beautiful sight. Being sheltered above, you had never seen a forest this vast before. Really, you had never seen any forest. The trees went into the horizon and you were taken by the quiet ambience of the ancient woods.

'I said I'd look but how am I supposed to find Link in these woods?' You mentally groaned. But a bit off into the distance there was a tree that towered above the rest. Perhaps making your way there would lead you to a place of interest or provide you with a good vantage point. Either way, this gave you somewhere to start.

You decided to travel within the canopy. The branches were all thick and intertwined which made your travel much faster and allowed you to avoid the creatures below.

It only took thirty minutes to reach your destination. You stood on a high branch with your sight upward.

'I guess now all I have to do is climb up...' You leapt over closer but before you realized what was going on you were sent backwards. 'What-' You angled your sight to the right and saw it.

A plant?

Its was mouth covered in what looked to be poisonous slobber and as it stretched itself closer to you it made strange noises. You had taken some damage but managed to avoid another nasty fall by grabbing onto the branch you were on. You then carefully pulled yourself up, noting that the plant could not move further than the radius of its stem, and observed it while standing back up. Each time it opened its mouth the orientation of the slits changed.

"So that's how it is." You waved your hand over the medallion and a great sword appeared in front of you. With your other hand, you caught the blade before it plunged down. It was heavier than you expected but nothing you couldn't handle. "-Then here goes."

You waited for the moment before it changed the orientation of its mouth and swung your sword from the side, picking up extra momentum with the blade's weight. It sliced through the plant cleanly and the monster disappeared in a dark smoke.

Suddenly, you heard a loud commotion below you. 'I don't remember seeing anything else around. What's that?' You squinted your eyes downward.

There was a person in green surrounded by six of the goblin creatures. They looked to be out of breath and were struggling to fend off all of the monsters at once within the confined area of what looked to be a temple courtyard.

"Wait- a person in green?" You you widened your eyes in surprise before grinning. There could only be one other person here. 'This just saved me a lot of work.' You hadn't expected to run into him so soon.

It took a considerable amount of strength as your raised your sword over your head.

"This will give all of them a surprise." You then lurched forward and jumped down from the branch.

With built-up force you slammed into the ground, cracking the earth under the weight of your great sword as you dispelled the group of goblins. They were reduced to smoke instantly.

The night breeze moved your hair and cloak around, obscuring your figure. You then dismissed your weapon and slowly stood up.

"Thanks, you really saved me there." You heard Link quickly approach from behind.

"It makes no difference to me, but I'm a bit disappointed seeing you get this sloppy." You turned to face him.

Linked blinked twice.

"(Y-Y/N)?!" He was genuinely surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"What's with that face?" You couldn't help but laugh.