Your Wish

"Then it's best if we head back up to Skyloft for now. It's dangerous here at night." Link let you go gingerly. "We can resupply and go over information we've gathered. I need to do a couple of things up there anyway."

"Sure, but..." You then furrowed your brows and sighed. "How are we going to get back up?"

"With this." Link then pulled out an ornate piece of fabric. "The sail-cloth Zelda gave me on the day of the ceremony."

"Oi Link... this looks like a one person ride- and how are we even supposed to use that tiny blanket for anything." You didn't bother hiding the dissatisfaction in your voice.

"Outside there is a statue that produces a strong wind current. We will use that to go up. It carriers me without a problem and I'm sure we can ride it together." He began to walk towards the exit. "The goblins should have cleared away, so we can use this chance to leave quickly. I'll hold one end of the cloth and you hold the other. For extra stability as we go up... we can... uh..." The blonde averted his eyes.

"What?"

"H-Hold each other." Link now stood facing the tall doors but you could see his pointed ears turning red.

"Oh." You smiled. "Sure."

You both then stepped out of the temple together and made your way down the steps. You hadn't noticed it earlier because of all the commotion but there was a loftwing statue below. 'Could that be what he's talking about?' You eyed the bird as you got closer. 'I dont really see how that can produce wind... What's something like that doing down here anyway?'

"Take this end of the cloth and stand next to me." Link instructed.

"Alright." You took your end and reached around with your other arm to grab Link's waist. He flinched at your touch but then did the same. 'Ah, he's so cute.'

"Then here goes-" You didn't have time to react before you were being shot upwards by a wind current that felt strangely familiar. It had really worked, the land below you grew increasingly distant as you ascended. It quickly took the both of you right up to the cloud barrier

"(Y/N)!" Call..." Link said something to you but you couldn't make out what due to the roaring wind.

"What?!!" You yelled as your hair whipped around.

"C... Your loftwing!-" Link shouted again.

'Oh.'

You then let out a strong whistle as Link did the same. Within a moment, two birds were making their way towards you.

"I'll follow you!" You shouted.

Link then gave you a confirmatory nod and you both let go of each other. Now free-falling, you were picked by your respective loftwings and immediately began making your way back home.

You both pulled up overhead the Goddess Statue and landed. At this hour there wasn't anyone around. But it was beginning to look like the sun was about to rise. It would be best to return to the Knight Academy quickly considering you were still technically missing.

"What are we doing here?" You asked as you unmounted your loftwing.

"There's something I need to do." Link then got off his bird and started making his way inside the Goddess Statue.

'Well I wonder...' You tailed him inside and saw him place a tablet with a ruby marker into the altar.

"This is another lead." Link stated.

'I'm assuming Link's gonna go from point of interest to point of interest to find Zelda.' You looked at the tablet intently. 'Could I destroy it? No, not many people come up here so he'd know it was me next time he came back-'