4

Ring,Ring,Ring,Ring

Ring,Ring,Ring,Ring.

'You don't hit my line no more, oh, oh
You don't make it ring, ring, ring, ring
I can't keep this on the low
I want you to make it ring, ring, ring, ring'

My ringtone 'Ring' by Cardi b starts playing from my AirPods making me groan in annoyance at the disturbance. Don't get me wrong, I love the song but I don't want to be disturbed or talk to anyone right now. I take out my phone from my back pocket and see my dad calling me.

"Hey dad, what's up?" I ask when I pick up. Both my mom and dad have been acting weird for a while now but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

"Hi sweetheart, where are you? Henry couldn't find you after school. What's going on?" He asks in a panicked tone.

I check the time before replying "Sorry I just decided to walk home today. I'll be there in 10 minutes.

"Okay, see you soon then, love you" he says with a sigh of relief.

"Okay, love you too" I said and ended the call as 'Gods Menu' by Stray kids begins to play.

Yes i Stan Stray kids and if you don't just keep your opinions to yourself because no one wants to hear it.

Okay now where was I?.....Right time to escape

Flashback
Two years....it's been two years since I've been here. I turn 12 today and today is the day I escape from this hell hole.

'Happy birthday to me' I thought while wiping my face with my sleeves.

Timing.

If there is one thing I've learnt from being here is that timing is everything.

Everyday at 7am he comes into my room for his 'meal' as he likes to call it.

And everyday I wait until I hear the doors close before I get up to do my daily chores.

He leaves at 9am. I don't really know what he does and comes back at 4pm and sometimes 6pm if he's feeling generous or if I'm lucky.

7 hours.....that's all the time I have. But if I want to to get out of here I need to play it safe.

I lay down pretending to be asleep as he walks into my room.

"Happy birthday my beautiful queen. I love you more than anything in this world and I'll always protect you" he whispered kissing my shoulder and making his way up to my neck and cheek.

'UGH I WANT TO KILL HIM' my inner thoughts says.

'You think I don't want to kill him too? I can't even land a punch on him how am I supposed to beat him then huh? So please just be quiet and let's get out of here today. We need to put a lot of distance between us' I thought still pretending to be asleep.