18

Saturday came faster than expected, but I was still very excited

Saturday came faster than expected, but I was still very excited. I wasn't excited because I was going to see him again but because I'm going to be in a room filled with Russians.

It's been a while since the two were in one room and I'm very excited to see how it goes. Of course, as soon as Henry heard about it he was on board. He would not miss this chance for anything.

I had him look into the guy and what we found was very surprising. He isn't just a Russian, he is the soon to be boss of the Russian mafia, Damien Ivanov

I find it very funny that I didn't notice it the first time we met, nor the second time.

The Russians are our sworn enemies. We've been at war with them for years and the fact that I let him slip through my fingers is making me very angry.

So as Henry and I walk into this apparently famous party dressed in the best clothing and shoes from the best brands, we only have one thought in mind.

'Kill the motherfucker'

We walk in and there are people already on the dance floor. I look around and I have to say, for this being the party of the Russians soon to be boss, it feels kind of basic.

I gab a drink from one of the servers walking around and chunk it in one go. Henry does the same and finally let's go of my hand.

I look around the room and I immediately find him surrounded by women with an awkward smile on his face.

I don't know if he feels my stare but he looks up and we make eye contact and for a moment it feels like we're the only ones in the room. I put on the nicest smile I can master and wave at him.

He smile back and excuses himself form the crowd of people and walks towards me. He takes my hand when he reaches me and kisses the back on my hand.

"My lady" he greets.

I look at him for a while and look pass his shoulders and then look back at him.

"Looks like you where having a great time" I point to the women behind him who seem to be glaring at me

He sighs "I was having an awful time. I should thank you for saving me"

I chuckle at the face he makes as he says he was having an awful time "I guess you owe me now"

With my hand still in his, he asks me to dance but someone comes and pull my hand away. I look at the person in surprise only to find Henry glaring at Damien.

It's really cute when he gets protective.

"Who are you" he asks even though he knows who he is.

"A friend. Who are you?" Damien ask back.

"Her brother" Henry replies with a smug look. I see Damien look between us with a confused look that seems to be asking for an explanation.

He goes to say something else but is cut of by the sound of the microphone going off.

The person who I know is the current head of the Russians and also Damien's father begins by thanking everyone for being with them to enjoy the life of his son.

He goes on to talk about things that to me just sound unnecessary until the last thing he said caught not just my attention but Henry's too.

"We found some rats lurking around and as the head of the most powerful mafia I can't just let it go"

Most powerful mafia my ass.

"As traditions states, on the day when the head hands over the position to his chosen one, he is to choose a woman who he wants to lead with him and that woman has to kill the rats"

I blink at the words being said and not a second later three men and a woman who are chained in both the feet and hands come out looking messed up and bloodied.

I look at Henry and see him already looking at me and I clench my hands. Those are our people. The people we sent to figure out what the Russians were up to.

We didn't get any more information from them so we assumed they were dead but now here they are chained and about to get shot for the sake of some stupid tradition.

Damien walks towards his father and takes the gun from him. He turns around and his eyes scan the room. I'm guessing looking for a woman to choose.

I calm my self as I look at my people. I want to step forward and release them but doing that will blow our cover.

Damien walks forward and I step back when I see him walking towards me.

What the actual fuck?

He reaches me and stretches out his hand. The hand with the gun in it. I look at Henry who also has a look of 'what the fuck' written on his face.

"Please" Damien whispers.

I look at him and then back at the gun in his outstretched hand and then look at my people shaking behind him.

For a moment I debate taking the gun and shooting him instead but I decide against it. I take the gun and walk towards where my chained people are standing.

Damien's father begins to speak "There's one bullet in the gun. The unlucky one dies"

I look at them and their eyes widen when they recognize me. I sigh and point the gun at the first person and shoot but it only click. The second person clicks too. The third also clicks which leaves only the fourth.

I get to the last one and she smiles as if saying she was glad to be dying by my hands and her eyes close as if accepting her fate.

I point the gun at her head knowing this shot will be the one to kill. I internally sigh and pull the trigger.

*********************************************

You think she shot her 👩🏾‍🦯