Chapter 12

Her dad came back weeks later. There was something unusual about him and she could tell. She decided to ask him about One morning,she got to his room and knocked on the door.
"Who's it?".
"Debbie..".she answered then entered the room.
"Morning dad". He was still on the bed,all covered up.
"Dad? Are you alright?".
"Yes i am ..why?".
"You just seem off. I'm sure there's something wrong. Since you came back,you've not been active and you look stressed out every single time dad".
Her dad smiled her..he thought to himself "this girl knows me too well..I possibly cant lie to her".
"I'm not stressed..I'm just tired".
"Dad, you know you have to take care of yourself. If the workload's too much for you ,just quit".she spoke.
"Quit? I can't. I know you are concerned but I'll be fine.. I'll just keep on taking my pills".she was surprised..
"Dad! You're even on meditation?! And you didn't tell anyone?".he motioned for her to lower her voice.
"Keep calm will you? I'll be fine".
"I'll be fine ..I'll be fine..I'll be fine..that's what you keep on saying".she shook her head. She didn't feel too good about it.
"Don't worry about it..".he smiled.
"Aren't you going to school?".he asked
"Have you forgotten? Today's Sunday". She answered.
"Right".he laid back on the bed,adjusting his pillow.
"I'll leave you to rest then".she said.
"I'll talk to you later".
"Yes dad".she left the room,shutting the door quietly.

She met Nicholas on her way to her room.
"Hey".he started.
"Hi?".
"How's your dad?".
"He's fine"..she felt awkward already.
"Okay.."..he didn't know what else to say .
"Is that all?".she asked.
"Uhhhh"..he scratched his head..it was obvious he wanted to say something. She raised her eyebrows,staring at him.. He had to say something.
"Remember I asked if I could take you around town..like show you places?".
"So?".
"I was wondering...u...u hmm.."..he scratched his head again. He wondered why he couldn't say this straight.."if you'd allow me do that". He completed.
"You know my answer already".she rolled her eyes.
"Yes?".his face lit up..expectant for a positive answer. She scoffed and answered.
"No".
"Just this once..please?".
"Why?!".
"Just for you to loosen up".he looked at her pleadingly.
"Okay!".she rolled her eyes.."just this once".
"Yes thanks"..he smiled ,whistling as he was walking away..
"Whatever".

* * * * * *
She was in her room writing when Nicholas came in.
"Can't you knock? You have hands dont you?".she said to him
"My bad".he was all dressed up.
"Going out?".she asked.
"Yes..with you".he answered.
She sat up right..."with me?".
"You said yes already".
"But you didn't say today".
"Well..it is..I just came to tell you to get ready". He adjusted his coat.
"And what if I refuse to go with you today?".she folded her hands.
"Please don't say that".he frowned..."you said yes already".
"Fine!...urggghhhh!..ill meet you downstairs..can you get out now?". She got up and moved him out of her room,shutting the door hard.
"Spoiler" ..she said to herself..
She couldn't figure out what to wear. She checked her wardrobe and eventually settled for a top and her ripped jeans,then took out a jacket because of the weather.
She packed her braids up in a ponytail. She opened her makeup purse...looked at it for a while,then closed it back up.
"I don't need this,not like I'm going on a date or som'n".
She wore the clothes,took her small bag. She went downstairs and met them all,including her father,in the living room.