5: Warming up to him.

' I messed up so bad... '

//in detention/ /

Kiyotaka had his head down on the desk in the detention room, Mondo was sitting behind him.
"I'm coming back in five minutes, if you do anything while I'm gone I won't hesitate to suspend either of you."
The teacher that was supposed to be watching them had left, they pretty much had a free range to do whatever they wanted for the next five minutes.
"Psst! Hey nerd!" Mondo whispered to Ishimaru who was clearly ignoring him. "Ishimaru!" Mondo said a bit louder this time, trying to get his attention. Taka sat quietly at his desk until he heard Mondo, he was leaning down in his chair so he could kick the back of Ishimarus. "Can you stop that?!" He lifted his head and turned to face him. Mondo sat up, he examined his face carefully and laughed. He was crying.
"Pfft- are ya really crying 'cuz you gotta detention? That's fuckin' hilarious dude!"
Ishimaru grumbled and just turned back and faced forward. "Stop talking to me. I don't like you." He mumbled and put his head back down on the desk.
Mondo sighed as he got up from his desk and sat down in the seat next to him. "Hey look... I'm sorry for gettin' ya in detention and shit." He said to him and Ishimaru shifted his head slowly to look at him, his head still on the desk. There were tears still rushing down from his eyes. "Seriously? You're really apologizing?.." Kiyotaka rose his head slowly with a look of disbelief.
"What do ya think genius?! Course I am! I feel bad or whatever..."
Ishimaru's eyes widened at that word.
'Genius'
.
.
'Genius.'

"Please don't call me that." Mondo could hear the seriousness in his voice but was confused. "Huh?" He had raised an eyebrow and Ishimaru started. "Don't call me a genius... Please."
"Oh, why? It's true." Mondo questioned. "I'm just not okay?! Don't call me one, I hate being called a genius. A lot." Taka's voice broke and he stopped making eye contact with Owada. "Oh... My bad dude, I won't call you it anymore okay?" Mondo leaned his head against his hand on the desk. Ishimaru nodded in thanks.

The teacher came back in the room and looked at the two. He noticed they were sitting together but honestly could care less. "Glad to see that you two are behaving." He said.

' C'mon, don't go... '