Chapter 1: New Greenie

~Flashback: 3 years ago~

Darkness and coldness took over. Her eyes shot open as she tried to breathe for air. Coughing up water and seeing herself being lifted up on a platform.

She tries everything while screaming for help. She checks her surroundings, seeing every crate, can, rope and weapons. Her eyes catch a certain acronym.

W.C.K.D.

Confusion hits her and a name pops into her mind. A name she recognizes

Aria

The platform moved faster and came to a rough halt. Her back hits hard against the crate, pain shot quickly around her body. She lays there for a minute and then the crate opens, the sunlight hits her eyes. She hears voices as her eyes kept shut, as she was pretending to be asleep.

"Newt! What's wrong?" A voice asked

"The greenie...it's a girl." Another voice exclaimed

"A girl?"

"Is she dead?"

"Maybe she's sleeping."

"Gally, go lift her up. Bring her to the med hut" a voice said, commanding the boy.

Aria doesn't move, she lays still. Thinking of ways she can try to do to escape.

Then, the crate moves. Swaying side to side. Aria suspected a figure jumped down. A hand grabs her arm and another around her legs. She felt herself being lifted off the rough metal and carried somewhere.

Her fight or flight kicked in. She waited at the perfect moment to find a opening.

The boy set her down and Aria felt the patch of grass. As another boy tried to help her up, Aria kicks the boy in the leg, making him fall over. As another boy tries to grab her, she pushes him away. She got up as quickly as she could and ran.

"We got a runner!!"

As many of the boys tried to stop her, she continued running as fast as she could. Dodging another boy's tackle and obstacles in her path. She ran into a forest type part of the area.

"Where did she go?"

"She went into the deadheads!"

"Someone get Alby!"

Aria climbed a tree and hid. She looks down and tried to be quiet as possible as the boys stood beneath her.

"She sure is a fiesty one"

"She's fast"

"Maybe she'll be a runner. She's definitely no slopper or slicer"

"Can we focus on finding her?"

"Split up, we'll cover more ground that way."

As the boys split up, a boy stays where he is. He searches the area and mumbles about the stupidity of the hunt.

Aria catches a glimpse of the boy. His dirty blond hair cut. His brown shirt and his unique facial features. She keeps quiet and hopefully waits that the boy goes away, but he doesn't.