Chapter 26: The Warrior....but not the end

There was nothing but peace at the safe haven, people were happy and plans were being made. One of those plans, was to look for survivors back on the mainland and bringing back supplies they can scavenge for. Aria sits through a meeting with the council about the mission.

"Some of our supplies are running a bit low. We should at least use this mission as a chance to restock also." One council member said.

"We could try, but let's hope there still are supplies left. And while we are on the subject, let's hope there are survivors." Aria says.

"Okay great, Aria will take her group to the mainland tomorrow morning. We'll stock up the boats tonight." Vince assures.

The meeting ends and Aria gathers the map and the compass

"I want you to be careful, got me? We don't know what else could arise. I want you back here for your family and. Including the group." Vince says

"I can't make any promises, but I'll try. See you around dinner, Vince." Aria leaves the tent and goes to find her husband and her children.

---------------------------------------------------------

Aria walks to her shared hut. As she walks in, her two boys run to her.

"Mommy!" Newton exclaims as he hugs her.

"Hi Mommy!" Charles hugs her too.

Aria smiles and picks them up. "Well hello my two favorite boys." She laughs and kisses their cheeks.

"I think you forgot about me, Sailor."

"Well of course, I didn't forget about you, Captain." Aria says in a sweet tone.

Gally picks up Charles and presses a kiss to Aria's lips. As they part, they smile at one another.

"Ewwww." Newton and Charles giggled.

The couple laughs and the kids go back to playing.

Gally moves behind Aria and wraps his arms around her waist. He whispers in her ear. "We never had much alone time. How about we have Fry and Minho babysit while we have fun of our own?" Gally says in a husky voice as he smirks.

Aria smirks back at him. "Sounds like a plan, Captain."

Gally rushes to find Frypan and Minho and drags them back to the hut. Gally takes Aria's hand and takes her to their secluded spot on the other side of the island.

He plants a kiss to her lips and she wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him closer as the kiss deepens.

"I've been doing some thinking" Gally whispers to her as he leans his forehead against hers.

"What is it?" Aria asks,

"Have you thought of having another kid? Maybe like another brother or sister for them?" Gally asks shyly. His eyes averting from hers.

Aria let's out a giggle. "Did you want another kid?"

Gally gives a shy smile and meets her gaze. "I have, for a while now. But I wanted to wait until you were ready but I guess-"

She places her lips against his to stop his rambling. He follows in sync and his fingers run through her hair.

As they pull apart, Aria gives Gally and small smirk. "You're getting a little soft there, Captain. I might make you the Sailor." She jokes.

Gally let's out a low chuckle and began pressing kisses down her neck, his arms wrap around her and slowly backs her into a tree.

"Not a chance." Gally smirks

They spend thir time together doing...activities (😏)

---------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, the sun slowly peeks from the horizon. The mixture of it's yellow mixed orange color blending with the navy blue sky. The waves calm but still crashing against the shore.

After gathering her things, she goes to her two sleeping children and kisses them on their head. Newton wakes up and looks to his mother with tired eyes.

"Don't go Mama, please don't leave." The young boy pleads

"I'll be back soon, Newton. I love you and take care of Charles. Now get some sleep." Aria says soothingly as she presses another kiss to his head. The young boy snuggles back up in the blanket and goes falls into a peaceful sleep.

Aria smiles and leaves the hut, she takes a deep breath of the crisp and cold morning air and Gally accompanies her. His arm wraps around her waist and places a kiss to her head.

"Promise me you'll be careful and return to us as soon as you finish this run." Gally says, a hint of worry in this voice.

"You know I can't make promises but I'll try my best to come back soon. I love you, Captain." Aria says gently and in a whispering tone.

Gally turns his wife around and presses a deep and tender kiss on her lips as his arms wrap protectively around her.

As they pull apart, their eyes meet each other. Gally puts her ring on her finger and plants a kiss to her hand. "I love you too, Sailor."

As she says her goodbyes to the rest of the friends of the Safe Haven. Aria and the group recieve hopes and prayers for their safe return. The group gathers in the boats and Aria gets in to.

Two members of the council push the boat out to the water and Aria looks back to her friends and Gally. As they wave to her, she waves back.

Her view of her friends and lover became distant and distant until they became small enough to the point where she couldn't see them or anyone else anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------

Minutes on the ocean turned to hours and it was dusk. The yellow bright sun descended slowly under the horizon and the moon slowly ascended into the sky. As the group ate some of the rations in the boat, Aria looked at her map.

She studied where they needed to go to get back to the mainland. She hasn't been there since what happened to them years ago.

Then, Aria heard whirring in the air. She was confused on what was happening  and looked up towards the sky but she couldn't see what was there. Nothing.

Then, water droplets started falling from the sky. The group lifts up their handmade umbrellas to block the rain. Aria still tries to see what was there.

"Look out!" A boy said.

Aria looks to see a fast flying boat speeding towards them. Before she could warn the others. The person rams into the boat. Cutting it in half. Aria and her group land in the water. She swims to the surface to see where the person went.

The fast boat zooms past again. The person riding holding a taser. Aria gets to the other half of the boat and gets the small spear that were packed in the boat.

Before the person could do anything, she takes the spear in her hand and slashes their side. The person clutches their side and falls off the boat.

Soon in the distance, there were three more.

Three more riders

three more boats.

Aria looks around her and sees all hell breaking loose. She joins in. Trying to fight the people off the boats, she was able to get one of the tasers and take one of the riders before they fell into the water. She climbs ontop of the boat and looks around her. Trying to shield her eyes from the rain.

Aria reaches to help one of the council members to help them onto a new boat. Then, a heavy metal hits her on the back of her head. She falls into the water and her eyes slowly start to close.

Slowly falling into the depths of the ocean.

Where the darkness swallows her.

Then...nothing.