Chapter 19 - Safe Haven

As the sun rises, golden beams fill the land. The waves were crashing against the shore. It was the morning after last night events.

They had made it to the safe haven

Some of the immune were sleep and some were awake and exploring. They were finally safe...and free.

Aria sits on the perch of the cliff above the ocean. She watches as the sun rises, blinding her with the sun beam rays.

She examines the little tube Newt gave to her before he died. Her heart pinging with sadness as she reminisces the last time seeing him.

A blanket wraps around her shoulders as someone sits beside her.

Her loving boyfriend, Gally.

A smile crosses her face as she looks to him. Laying her head on his shoulder.

His arm wraps around her and he places his head on top of hers. They watch the sunrise together. Aria clears her throat and looks to him.

"Can I tell you something, Gally?" Aria looks to him.

"Absolutely."

"Well, I've been meaning to tell you this. I-"

Aria was interrupted once again as Brenda, Frypan and Minho got to the couple and sat beside them.

Internally rolling her eyes and swallowing her annoyance. She spends the morning with her friends.

"How's Thomas? Is he awake yet?" Gally asks Minho.

"Nothing yet, but he's doing okay. I just hope he's okay from last night. Even if Teresa betrayed us, he loved her." Minho says with guilt.

"He sure did. You all saw the way he looked at her. Let's just not remind him of it, especially if he wakes up." Aria says

"I agree, we went through some tough shit that night." Brenda says

---------------------------------------------------------

As everyone was working to make crops, build shelters and tend to gardens, Aria was helping Vince set up the bonfire for tonight.

In the distance, she sees a well, looking Thomas walking towards them. She puts on a smile as they go to him.

"Glad you're okay." Aria says while hugging him. She pulls back and the rest of their friends show up.

They exchange hugs, Gally hanged back but Thomas pulled him in a hug too.

"You getting one from me whether you like it or not Gally." Thomas joked.

The group laughs and Gally playfully rolls his eyes as he hugs Thomas back.

"Okay, this is weird now." Frypan says

"I think it's cute, a little bro-mance." Brenda says while doubling over with laughter.

As that was said, the two boys break apart.

"No." The boys say

Aria playfully rolls her eyes and pats the Thomas's shoulder "Baby steps. You boys will warm up to each other later. Let's get this done for the bonfire tonight."

Aria gets back to planning as she walks away from the group. Thomas looks to where she is and sighs. He looks to Gally.

"Does she think it's my fault about Newt?"

Gally shakes his head "She blames herself for not being fast enough. I'll talk with her after the bonfire."

"Yeah. But Gally, you are going to explain your side of this love story. I will remind you if I have to." Frypan says, to help lighten the mood of the conversation.