Chapter 13 - ...No way

After months of planning the tunnels, it was finally made a month later.

Aria was in a meeting with Lawrence, discussing some plans of going into the city. But every idea had been shut down, putting them at a dead end.

"There is a way, I just need to know how to accomplish it." Aria says

"Let's hope it will, better figure it out soon. We don't have a lot of time." Lawrence says.

Gally goes down the stairs in his gear. Aria looks his way, as he meets hers. He clears his throat and looks to Lawrence.

"Me and some soldiers are about to head out to cool down the raid. We'll update you about W.C.K.D."

Lawrence nods

"Great." Lawrence says

"Be careful Captain." Aria says, leaning against the table.

"I will, don't do anything stupid." Gally says while placing a soft kiss her head. He puts his gas mask on and heads out to the vans.

"Ah, young love." Jasper says teasingly.

Aria rolls her eyes and playfully hits Jasper with the paperball.

"Now then, back to where we left off." Lawrence says professionally.

Aria spent the morning with Jasper and Lawrence, coming up with plans and backup plans for the mission.

---------------------------------------------------------

Aria was writing down ideas and plans when she heard a commotion outside. She went out the room to see Gally getting punched down by a boy. Looked like his age and he draws in another punch.

Aria runs to them. Before the boy could punch him again, Aria tackles the guy to the ground and holds a knife to his neck. She was surprised to see who it was.

Thomas

"Aria?" Thomas gasps out as he looks at her in shock.

"Hi Greenie." She smiles and gets off of him. He wraps her in a big hug and she hugs him back.

"No way..." a voice said behind her. She recognized that accent anywhere.

She turns to see Newt and Frypan with two other people she never met.

"Aria?...." Frypan says

"Hi boys." She smiles as she walks to them.

Newt sweeps her off her feet and wraps her in a bear hug. She laughs as she returns the hug. She didn't see Newt's face streaming with tears.

Frypan smiling as he takes his turn, almost squeezing the life out of her.

"Alright! Alright!" She laughs out as they both give her some room to breathe.

Gally gets up and he rubs his jaw. Aria notices and goes to him. She checks his face for any bruising. Luckily, it was barely there.

"I deserved that. Anyone else? Newt? Fry?" Gally says.

The man next to Fry spoke. "You know them?" The man said.

The man was older than the group. He had salt and pepper hair and dark skin. A girl next to him looked around her age, with short hair and a look that showed she was angry or scared.

"They are old friends." Fry says

"H-how? We watched you both die!" Newt shouts.

Aria's heart broke when she heard Newt say those words. She remembered when she left them thinking she did that to herself. She wanted to go with them, but she didn't feel right leaving Gally behind.