Chapter 8 - Survival

The gladers looked at the maze doors. Wondering if this door was ever closing.

"Maybe the gears are freezing?" Winston suggests.

"Or maybe it's just off schedule" Zart says.

"It's never off...something is wrong." Gally asserts.

A rumble is heard and everyone turns around to notice that the other entrances are opening. A loud screech noise is present. Sounding close by.

"Everyone go find somewhere to hide. I'll rally everyone else up." Aria says

"On it." Thomas says

"Make sure Alby is hiding as well. Have weapons prepared just incase." Minho says

Everyone scatters to help or hide. Gally and other gladers go to the box. Others hide in huts or in tall grass.

Aria was worried if this is the end of the Glade. Or what will be the aftermath of it.

---------------------------------------------------------

As the night falls, Aria is hiding in the trees. Waiting for whatever could happen.

...

...

...

...

...

The Greivers storm into the Glade. Not one. Not two. But 3 Grievers. Destruction was set in the Glade.

Aria watches from afar as some boys trying to outrun them. But they are only met with the fate of their deaths.

She sees Gally and some of the gladers hide in the box. A Griever is on top of it, looking for the boys.

She was worried about her friends, but mostly worried about Gally. She pans her focus find Newt, Thomas and Minho.

The creatures started looking for the other boys. Aria jumped down to see that Zart was snatched up by the Grievers.

She sees the group and ushers then into the meeting hut. Closing the door and waiting out the attack.

She clutches the spear tightly as she heard a low growl from above. No one made a sound.

Then, a pile of wood falls from the ceiling. The Griever tries to grab Chuck. Thomas holds his hand and Aria stabs the Griever with the spear.

Another Greiver breaks through the ceiling and grabs Alby. While Newt helps Chuck to safety, Thomas helps Aria trying to save Alby.

Alby looks at Thomas and Aria with a sad look, he then whispers to them.

"Save them." Alby says one last time before he's finally taken away by the Greiver.

Sorrow filled the group and they waited until the Grievers were gone.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Grievers were gone, a fire was tracking through the Glade, many lives were lost.

Thomas, Aria, Minho, Newt, Chuck and Teresa came out of the meeting hut.

Aria looked at her surroundings. Her so-called home, was in flames and demolished.

Before Aria could go find Gally, he starts storming towards Thomas. Swinging a punch in his jaw. The boys hold him back.

"Gally no!" Frypan says trying to hold the builder back as he tries to reach for Thomas again.

"He did this! He did this to the Glade! I told you we should've got rid of him in the first place. It's his fault!" Gally shouts.

"Gally, calm down. Please!" Aria pleads

"Stay out of it Aria!" Gally scolds

Then, Thomas fell to the ground. Aria runs to him to see that he had use the Grievers needle to sting himself.

She quickly grabs the vile of liquid from Teresa and stabs Thomas's arm with it. The liquid going through his body, hopefully to help with the Griever's sting.

"As you all see, Thomas can't be trusted. Neither can Teresa. Look what they did! I say we should get rid of them." Gally says in a declaring voice.

A few boys mutter in agreement, some didn't

"Or else, you want to go with them." Gally threatens.

Newt didn't say anything, he felt scared to. Aria looks at Gally in shock. The kind smiles, the sweet thoughtful guy was gone.

"What are you doing, Gally?!" Aria asks

"Gally, please. Don't." Newt pleads

Gally ignores them.

"Put the two of them in the pit" Gally commands.

A few boys put Teresa and Thomas in the pit. Aria's anger boils inside of her. She picks up a piece of wood, her back to Gally and the group.

"Aria-" Gally tries to talk to her. But he is met with having to duck under the wood Aria threw at him.

"Stay the hell away from me Gally!" She shouts

"Aria, please!" Gally pleads

"I hate you!" Aria shouts. Making everyone stare at her

With that Aria pushes him away and heads towards what's left of the deadheads.

Gally stood there looking at the ground. He masks his pain with anger and walks away.

Newt looks between the two and sighs. He has everyone get some rest. He let's Gally and Aria have their space, knowing that they need to blow off some steam.