Chapter 15 - Last Night Alive

Aria was surprised that Brenda figured it out so easily.

She found out a few days ago, afraid of telling Gally too. Her mind flooded with many outcomes. He could be angry, happy or overwhelmed, she didn't want to do anything to push him over the edge. She hid it from him until the time was right. She wanted to wait until they were safe, but she knew she had to be careful during the mission.

She sighs and responds, making sure Gally was no where near them.

"A month, apparently."

Brenda nods. "Does he know?"

"Not yet, I want to wait until the time was right to tell him. Maybe if we survive all of this." Aria says.

"I won't say anything, your secret is safe with me." Brenda reassures Aria

"Thanks Brenda." Aria smiles warmly.

Teresa calls Aria over. Aria goes to Teresa and sits in the chair. Teresa slices open a flap of skin to get the chip. Aria hisses in pain.

"Sorry, wish it was easier." Teresa says

"It's fine. I've been through worse." Aria says as the two of them sot in awkward silence.

"Fry was telling me how you and Gally are together now. I'm glad that you both are. But can I ask you something?

"Shoot." Aria says

"If you had a chance to reverse time... and live that moment where we were in the lab... would you do it again?" Teresa asks Aria hesitantly

Aria looks at Gally, who was talking with Fry, Thomas, Brenda, Jorge and Newt.

"Yes. I would. Over and over again. He's my other half. We do have our differences, but I care about him." Aria says.

Gally meets Aria's gaze and gives her a quick soft smile. He mouths a phrase to her and she mouths it back. Teresa notices.

"What did he say?" Teresa asked while stitching Aria's neck.

"He said, "I love you" and I said it back."

---------------------------------------------------------

As Teresa was now getting the chip from Thomas, Aria was gathering everything she needed for the mission.

Gally walks to Aria after changing his shirt, he pulls her close in a tight hug. He held Aria as if she was glass but still gentle. He plants a kiss on her head, their eyes meet.

"You know I love you, right?" Gally says.

His eyes filled with worry.

Aria looks at him with confusion and concern. Worried that he knows her secret.

"Yeah, I know. Gally, what's going on?" Aria says with worry in her voice.

A deep sigh comes from Gally as he rests his forehead against hers. He still holding her close and tight in his arms.

"If something happe-"

Gally, no-"

"Listen, Aria. If something happens to me, just don't try doing that again. Find someone who will make you happy and love you as I do. If this is the last time I see you, I want to spend the little time we have with you." Gally says as his fingers run through Aria's hair.

"You can't talk like that. I won't let anything happen to you. I already lost so many people I cared about, Gally. I'm not trying to lose another. And no one will take you away from me." Aria says while tears blind her eyes and run down her cheeks.

Gally swipes his thumb on her cheek to rid of the tears. The one thing he hated most, getting close to someone you care about and then losing them.

But that's exactly what he did.

"Promise me." Gally says

"But-"

"No. Promise me, Aria."

"....I promise. Gally, I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"I'm-"

Aria was interrupted by Thomas, who was getting the gear on and speaking over the group.

"Is everyone ready for mission: Save Minho and take down WCKD?"

Everyone looks at each other and look back to Thomas. "Ready."

Thomas nods and grabs the gun off the table. He makes sure it's loaded.

"Let's go."