(S2 Start) Chapter 14: Emissaries of Heaven

Underworld: Medical Area

5 days after Chaos and Ravel left for Kuoh, Rias slowly wakes up from unconsciousness while Issei still lies on the hospital bed, bandaged up and unconscious. Rias' injuries have disappeared, long healed from the use of the Phoenix Tears, bought from the Phenex family after Sona's dominant victory. However, there are traces of skin grafting on Issei's body. Regardless of the potency of the Phoenix Tears, 3rd-degree burns caused by Hellfire can cauterize many wounds after all.

"President! You're finally awake!" Kiba sighs in relief.

"Thank goodness! How do you feel?" Akeno asks.

Rias puts her hand on her sternum, where Sona and her water clone shot her with Sapphiring Squad prior, and finds that she doesn't feel any pain. She then turns to see Issei in a hospital bed next to her and nearly bursts into tears herself after seeing his condition.

"Lord Zeoticus gave you and Issei Phoenix Tears to heal your injuries. However, Issei sustained far too many 3rd-degree burns for even the Phoenix Tears to heal. As you can see, the healers had to perform skin-grafting surgery on him," Akeno explains somberly.

"I-I lost, didn't I?" Rias shakily says.

"Yes. Sona won without even sustaining any form of damage. She was far more powerful than we could have ever hoped to imagine," Kiba answers.

"Th-Then... does that mean-" Rias starts.

"Thankfully Sona has allowed us to remain in Kuoh," Akeno starts.

This tidbit earns a look of surprise from Rias.

"However, our movements will be heavily monitored and any and all actions we take in Kuoh must be relayed to her. And... you cannot add any new pieces to your peerage as long as you are in Kuoh," Akeno finishes.

Rias puts her hands over her mouth in shock, now feeling the full weight of the punishment crashing down on her. However, she now realizes something.

"W-Wait. Where's Koneko? She's not with you two?" Rias asks.

Kiba clenches his fist and holds out Rias's Rook Piece, "She left us. Lord Ajuka and Lord Chaos extracted the Rook Piece inside of her and transferred her into the latter's peerage as a reserve piece. This is compensation for trying to enslave Lord Chaos he says."

Rias can only cry and sob into her blanket as she now realizes while she got what she wanted, she lost everything as a result.

Timeskip

Chaos, Ravel, and Sona along with the respective peerage members are now currently in Chaos' mansion, discussing the future of Kuoh. Ravel and Shirone even had the opportunity to meet Murayama along with Pyra and Mythra, the Aegis reborn. Needless to say, Murayama was excited at the prospect of meeting another Devil and soon-to-be classmate.

As they were conversing, however, a beam of light appears near the front gates of the mansion and Chaos goes to investigate. The beam of light cedes, revealing Gabriel, who is accompanied by Asia and two other girls.

 The beam of light cedes, revealing Gabriel, who is accompanied by Asia and two other girls