Chapter 2: Mission Assigned

After school, Chaos and Yumi met up with Seth as they make their way to their temporary home. While Chaos wanted to teleport, doing so would alert Rias of their presence and would blow their cover as a result. On the way however, they see Issei Hyoudou with another girl on the bridge and decide to mask their presence to listen.

"U-Umm, so I was wondering. Will you be my boyfriend!?" the girl asks with a blush on her face.

"Really!? Hell yeah!" Issei exclaims.

The two go their separate ways as the three devils now reveal themselves.

"A fallen angel. So the Gremory plans to make use of them. Our information was correct after all," Yumi says.

"Let us return home to discuss this with the rest of the peerage," Chaos says as they continue walking. 

After a while, the three make it to their mansion, built by Sirzechs of course.

"*sigh. I shouldn't be surprised Lord Sirzechs would go over the top like this," Seth says with a cold expression.

The door in front of them opens, revealing Ingvild and Enkidu.

"Welcome home, Lord Chaos," both say in sync while bowing.

Chaos pushes his glasses up, "Please, you are all part of the family. I would prefer you use my given name without my title."

Ingvild blushes while Enkidu merely bows as he says, "With all due respect, Lord Chaos. I will only do so when I have defeated you in combat. Until then, it is against my nature to refer to you without your title."

Chaos sighs for the umpteenth time today as he gestures them to follow him. After calling the rest of his peerage to him, everyone congregates in one of the living rooms in the mansion as they discuss the events that occurred during the day.

"As I am certain you all know by now, us attending Kuoh is merely a disguise for our true mission, locating the reasons why the fallen angels haven't been eradicated after two weeks," Chaos says gaining nods from his servants before continuing, "We do have a theory as well as evidence to confirm it. Seth, if you would?"

"I was able to spy on the Gremory's peerage at the end of school. Naturally, I was able to record her conversation with her queen and rook, stating their plans for the so-called 'King of Perverts'," Seth says as he takes out his phone and raises the volume.

The recorded conversation ended up revealing Rias' plan for using the Rogue Fallen Angel to kill Issei so she could revive him into her peerage, gaining looks of disgust from most of the peerage, more so from Kuroka.

After the recording stops, Chaos speaks up, "As much as we would be doing the female population a favor, we would be no different from Gremory if we allowed him to die at the hands of the low-class Fallen Angel."

"You still haven't explained why the Fallen Angels and Gremory are targeting him though," Ingvild points out.

"He is possesses a Sacred Gear. The Red Dragon Emperor to be exact," Yumi replies, garnering mixed expressions to appear on the rest of the peerage.

Kuroka and Ingvild had looks of shock while Enkidu and Waldstein looked as if they want to fight. KOS-MOS and Vatista, being androids, still carried a blank expression.

"Hmmm! The Red Dragon Emperor as awakened once more? Another worthy opponent appears!" Waldstein exclaims.

"Unfortunately, you may be disappointed once more. The host is extremely weak along with being the embodiment of lust. He will not last long against you, Hecatoncheir," Seth replies, referring to Waldstein's old title.

Waldstein slumped at the statement.

"Back to the topic at hand, the Fallen will attempt to kill Hyoudou at sunset on Saturday. Vatista, KOS-MOS, your mission is to protect him through any means. However, do not kill the Fallen as we do not have the authority to do so... yet," Chaos orders.

"Orders acknowledged," KOS-MOS and Vatista say in unison with a robotic voice.

"What should we do then?" Kuroka asks.

"The rest of you will wait until we have ascertained the location of the rest of the rogues. KOS-MOS and Vastista will be able to scan the heat signatures of the Fallen Angels after fighting one of them. Meeting adjourned," Chaos says as they all nod and went to their separate rooms, with Chaos and Yumi sharing one.

________________________________________________________________________

Apologies for the short chapter. I have an exam coming up that I must study for. I had more to write in this chapter, but I feel it would be too long if I were to include it. Until next update then. Criticism is welcome.