Chapter 16: Start of a United Front/Another Confrontation

Days after the whole incident, Chaos and his peerage proceed with their plans to meet up with some of the other factions in order to build a United Front. With the threat of Kokabiel hanging over them, he is starting to run low on time, only having enough to meet with one for the moment. Deciding to meet with the faction closest to him, the West Youkai Faction, his peerage, and himself are currently in front of the train station with Sona's Peerage, the Brave Saints, Ravel and Murayama seeing them off.

"I will not be gone for long, everyone. With the threat of Kokabiel as well as possible other ones imminent, a United Front is needed far more than ever," Chaos explains.

Sona nods, "I know, and I agree. We will do our best to protect Kuoh and locate Kokabiel while you are gone."

"And as soon as he is found, we will prioritize the safety of Kuoh's citizens before engaging him in combat," Xenovia adds.

Chaos nods in confirmation before continuing in a serious tone, "Remember, his main objective is the reignition of the Great War. Whether is through the deaths of Sona Sitri and Rias Gremory, the destruction of Kuoh, he is willing to accomplish what he musts to do so. I doubt it is necessary to emphasize how important it is to subdue him."

"Have faith in us, Chaos! Thanks to the training you gave us, we can handle him!" Saji exclaims with full confidence before receiving a bonk on the head by Sona.

"One, you are being far too loud in a public place. And two, don't be so arrogant. Regardless of our training, this is a Fallen Cadre we are talking about. We have to be tactical about this," Sona sternly says.

Saji slumps as Chaos chuckles in amusement, "While ironic, I have faith that you will succeed."

The bell dings, signaling the train's arrival.

"I believe it's time for us to depart. I will return, once negotiations are successful," Chaos reassures.

"Of course. I'll see you again, Chaos," Sona lovingly says before giving him a small peck on the lips.

Chaos smiles before he and his peerage wave farewell to the others as they board the train. The train leaves for Kyoto as the rest leave for Kuoh.

Timeskip

Chaos and his peerage walk through Youkai territory as many inhabitants begin to mutter amongst themselves upon seeing them.

"It's him!"

"Lord Chaos! The Devil Grandmaster is back!"

"Ironic that a Devil would be the one to save us years ago, huh?"

"Think he's headed to see Lady Yasaka?"

Chaos ignores them as they continue on their way. After some time of walking, they finally make it to Yasaka's estate in a secluded area. Chaos knocks on the door before entering the living room.

"Lady Yasaka? Are you here?" Chaos calls.

It only took a second of waiting before tiny footsteps are heard rushing towards them.

"DADDY CHAOS!" a voice squeals as the fox girl jumps onto Chaos and hugs him.

Chaos chuckles as he pats her head, "Hello Kunou."

"You really came back!" Kunou squeals as she snuggles her face into his stomach.

Soon after, the beautiful blonde woman enters the room with a serene smile as Kunou finally releases Chaos.

"Lady Yasaka. It has been quite some time," Chaos says.

"It has, Chaos. It's really good to see you again," Yasaka returns with a soft tone before hugging him, much like Kunou.