Untitled Part 17

STEVES POV

I sat in the lab with Tony. "She truly cares about you Steve." Tony assured once again.

Vixen seemed a little off when I saw her at breakfast. I mean all of this was Tony's fault. I left her alone with him. Bucky was there too. She said it was her fault not theirs. "What is she doing right now?" I ran my hands through my hair.

"You're her dad." Tony laughed, thinking he was funny.

I rolled my eyes, "Do you know or not, Tony?"

He scoffed, pulling up the camera closest to Bucky's room. The audio sounded like an argument. "That isn't your past, Bucky. That's Winters. HYDRAS. They forced that on you. They made you do all of them things." I stood up before sitting back down. "She's smart Steve." Tony said, amazed at what he was hearing.

"Exactly, made me." Bucky hissed back.

"No. That isn't how mind control works. They don't push thoughts in your head and you choose to do them. They make it so the thoughts of death and destruction mend with your mind, pushing out any thought that didn't help their plans. None of that was you Bucky." I couldn't help but smile. She was right.

"Then why do I remember every last detail?" He was genuine. 

"Because that is the type of person you are. If you don't recall, Winter forgot. Winter didn't care. Winter wanted to taste the blood. You remember it all, It haunts you. You remember. You morn. You want to make amends."

"Now only if she would believe it for herself." Tony looked at me confused, "Okay, shut it off. This is an invasion of privacy." He looked at me even more confused, "Tony. Shut it off."

He clicked the keyboard, shutting it off, "Okay, okay. I just wanted to hear it."

"Thank you," I sighed. Leaning back in my chair. "I can't help but wish I was as close to her as Bucky is." I rubbed my hand over my face.

"No you don't. That's a trauma bond."

"He knows her better than anyone." 

"Knows how to keep her safe. Not in the way you want to keep her safe. He knows how to defuse the bomb in her, keeping her safe from herself. Just be open with her and make sure she knows you are there at every moment. Let everything sort itself out." He let out a dry laugh, "I've seen my fair share of therapists."

VIXENS POV

"So do you think Tony would help me build them arm things?" I smiled, looking up at the ceiling next to Bucky. Neither of us moved from the bed. I like being this close to him. Nothing can hurt me here.

He laughed, "He would probably love nothing more." He cleared his throat, "But what are you going to do with your Steve- your dad? You're spending time with everyone else and from what I hear it's really only small talk with him."

My jaw clenched as I sighed, "It's different with him than it is anyone else." What if he truly doesn't like the person I am.

"How so? You think he's an undercover spy or something?" I think he said it less jokingly than he meant. I hope.

I shook my head, "No. It's just that he's important. Not that everyone else isn't. You are you, so literally zero worries there. Tony is Howard's kid, though he was a distant dad I see him in Tony.  Natasha is relatable in one way or another. Doctor Banner is a Doctor, I feel the way his mind buzzes as he's working-" 

"You still feel that?" 

"It's from one of the experiments. It will never go away. I feel it around most people but Banners mind has a pattern that's oddly comforting." I thought of the way his mind buzzes in circles, floating all over and lines back and fourth to connect them. Bucky hated that I got experimented on, therefore that there are still side effects.