The official 'DAD' day

We walked to a nearby diner- Steve walked to a nearby diner. He carried me. I could tell he was still angry about what Tony had said. Honestly, I was hurt by it. He doesn't know me, and none of them have a reason to trust me, so I get it. I was trying to pretend to be happy so it would wear off on Steve. "Hey dad, I have a question."

"What's up, short stack?"

I laughed at the nickname, "Would you be okay if we went to a bar soon? Not to drink -not that I can really get drunk- but to show you something."

"What is there to show me at a bar?"

I pushed on his shoulders and jumped off his back, "Follow me," I said turning a corner. 

"You are going to get hurt if you do that." Steve warned.

I just laughed. I walked into the front door of the Stork club, "Hey Jonah." He didn't look a day over 28.

"Vixen, nice to see you again. Did you come for a drink or a dance?" Jonah asked.

I shook my head at my old friend, "Neither, I came to show my dad something me and mom had made."

Steve looked around, "Over here," I smiled.

He followed me to the center table. There was a gold plaque that said; 'Reserved - Steve Rogers - he won't be late. -Peggy.'

I saw his eyes start to water as he read the plaque. He sat down in the chair and stared at it, "Even on our most packed nights, nobody is aloud to sit at that table. SHIELD orders." Jonah said from behind the bar, pouring me a glass of whiskey.

"Thanks," I said, taking the glass. Steve wasn't watching. "So, what? HYDRA just let you go? That anti-aging serum took me a long time to perfect. Not to mention I only made enough for one dose and someone burned all of the notes."

He shook his head, "SHIELD busted in and destroyed the facility, they saved me and Sara. Sara passed away a few years back, a brain tumor."

"I'm so sorry," I whispered finishing the drink.

He poured me another, "I get that a lot. I miss her and all, but the sorrys are getting tiring. You found your dad?"

"I woke up, the pod must have been running low on whatever kept it cold. I woke up cold, but I just punched through the glass thing. When I had gotten out SHIELD did a few tests, and told me he was my dad. I already knew that, mom never kept it a secret." I said.

Jonah came around the bar, "You do look as beautiful as ever," He smiled sitting next to me.

"J, you have been trying for years. When do you give up?" I laughed.

He gave me an offended look, "Come on, I'm cute. Admit it, you want me."

I laughed, "You want me is what it is."

"Come on, I bet you and Winter were hitting it?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

I laughed hitting him lightly, "Nope. And you mean Winter as in Bucky Barnes, Steve Rogers best friend?"

"Ew, you had to make it weird."

"You were the one who said it, I just rephrased it." I smiled.

Jonah smiled back, looking down at his feet, "One date? Please, just give me a chance to show you I can be a perfect gentleman, someone worthy of your love?"

"Jonah, I don't want a perfect gentleman. If I agree, we do something fun, no-"

"Fancy dinners or cliches. You want something special." He finished. "We had this conversation, it was a few months after we met. I loved the way your voice was so calming, even if we were stuck in cells. You always had hope." I remembered.