The date

"You look great," I said, smiling from his compliment.

He smiled holding out a dahlia, "It's always been your favorite, no roses. It's a cliche." He smiled. "And only one, because any more than that is a massacre."

I smiled taking the dahlia in my hands, "Nat, can you please put this in water?"

"Sure," She said taking the flower.

"We should  get going," He smiled taking my hand. 

Thor and Tony stood in front of the doors, "Are you guys forgetting anything?"

"Bye, dad. And every other person in this room that is trying to scare Jonah."  I smiled.  "Thank you," I directed towards Nat.

"We are doing it because we love you!" My dad said.

I purposely left my combat boot with the gun in it untied, "Oh my shoe is untied," I say crouching down to tie my shoe. Everyone took a small step back other than Jonah.

They put their hands up, "Alright, we get it kid! Go have fun. We will be waiting right here for you to get back!" My dad said. 

"They aren't two for one, nobody gets a warning." I said, trying to hold in a laugh.

We went to walk out the door and Jonah held one of the doors open, "Thanks," I smiled to him.

We walked to his Jeep Wrangler and he opened the door for me as I got in. He walked around and smiled at me, "What was the 'they aren't two for one' thing about?"

"They made a joke that they were going to follow us, so I brought a gun. I made it clear that I aim to kill and don't take warning shots," I said as he laughed.

He pulled out of the driveway. We talked the entire way. He drove us to the fishing pier, "I remember you always said you had bad memories here, so it's time to make some good ones. You always thought it would be the best date spot."

How does he remember so much? "I think it's perfect."

"That's good, I hope you're hungry, because I made our specialty. Peanut butter and Jelly." He said, pulling out a small basket.

My eyes went wide, "Oh my gosh, you remembered?" I smiled at him. 

We sat  and ate as we watched the sunset, "I remember you would watch the sunset every night from your cell had a window."

"Yeah, when you're in a place like that you have to have something to look forward to. Speaking of, let's not look back to HYRDA anymore. Tell me all about what I've missed instead."

He smiled, "Be glad you missed some of it, you would have hated the 80's." He let out a little laugh.

"You visited me?" I asked, looking down at the water.

 He pulled a piece of my hair out of my eyes, causing me to look at him, "Every Tuesday I knew possible. Tuesday has always been your favorite day, because it is the day you need to put the most hope in. The day most often forgotten." He said using some of my own words.

The distance between us felt like it was getting smaller and smaller, until we heard a fisherman yell "Fish on!" from the boat above us, spilling his beer all over us. We pulled back laughing.

"I am so sorry," we were laughing, "I swear this date was supposed to be perfect."

I smiled and leaned into his shoulder as he pulled his arm around me, "It is perfect, I promise." I couldn't help but smile. The stars were as perfect as ever, and he did everything perfectly right. I think it is perfect.