The star

STEVES POV-

I went to check on Vixen, and I saw her sleeping in her bed. She looked so peacful, so I quietly walked out before she woke up. I walked down to the kitchen, realizing she didn't have lunch or dinner, "I am already failing," I said putting my head down on the counter. 

"Steve, you have only known you had a daughter for a few days, you are doing your best." Tony said walking in.

"Before I stormed into your lab giving her a concussion she asked if we could eat lunch first, I assumed she was stalling but I never ended up feeding her after that. I screamed at her for just being scared that we wouldn't be able to fix her. And she was only scared because she thought we would think she was broken. And I screamed at her." My eyes started to tear up as I realized everything.

Tony handed me a beer, "Steve, being a father is new, but adaptable, you can read a few books, listen to a podcast, you can figure it out." He took a breath, "She hardly remembers what it's like to be loved. Peggy was clearly in the picture, but she spent most her time with my dad. You have to be patient with her. She had just escaped HYDRA, and she is going to need a little help. So my advice is to show her you care and that you are not going anywhere. That is what she needs."

I nodded as he grabbed a granola bar from the pantry, leaving, I assume to go to bed. I sat there thinking about what he said, he is right. That's a first. I just wish I could do better, you know?

I walked up to my room and laid in my bed. Tomorrow will be better. I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

VIXENS POV-

When I woke up this morning, something was different. I woke up at 5:13 according to the clock on the nightstand, peacefully. I woke up without a nightmare forcing me awake. I stood up, taking a second to keep my balance. I walked into the bathroom, washed my face off with some water. I sat there looking at how the water dripped down my face,"Today will be different," I whispered to myself. I used the small towel that sat to the side of me to dry off my face.I walked out of the bathroom into my bedroom. I felt cold as I was walking of my bedroom door- directly into Steve.

"Well, good morning to you too," He laughed as he reached his arm out for me to grab. 

I used his hand to pull myself up, "Good morning," I smiled. "I'm cold."

He half pulled me into his room, "You could always go back to sleep, you don't have to be awake this early. Here is a sweatshirt."

"Thank you," I said pulling on the hoodie. It was a million sizes too big, "I just woke up, I can't normally fall back asleep after that."

He nodded his head towards the door as a sign for me to follow, "Nightmares?"

"No, the pills Bruce gave me seem to work. I just never really sleep in past six." I said as we walked down the hall.

Steve nodded, "Well, that's good. Are you hungry?" He said as we got to the stairs.

"Yeah," I said. I don't know how to really apologize to him. Two things I suck at are apology's and goodbyes. "Hey, Steve- I mean dad?"

"What's up?"

I took a breath, "Well, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Yesterday there was probably a better way I could have reacted when I found the folder. And I should have told you why I got the star."

"You really don't have to apologize for that. Tony never should have had the folder, and you don't have to tell me anything."

I looked up at him as he stopped at the bottom of the stairs, "Do you want the folder?"