Untitled Part 14

WARNING: there is mention of weed in this chapter. 

BUCKYS POV-

Vixen fell asleep on me about an hour ago, but I don't want to wake her. She looked too peaceful. Steve walked in and sat on the couch across from us, "Hey Buck, I can take her up to her room if you want?"

I shook my head, "No," I looked over at the clock, "She'll be up in a few hours anyway." 

"You sure?"

"Steve, please. Just let her sleep." I said. I knew she didn't take Bruces pill, so I'm waiting until I see a nightmare start to wake her up. She doesn't normally get them until morning. 

He nodded, "You scared to loose her?"

I knew I should tell Steve what we just talked about, but im not gonna do that to her. "I have been since I met her. Steve, you are lucky to have this girl as a daughter, even after all she's been through."

"I agree, I just wish I could connect with her and get to know her better." 

"There is a lot to this girl," I moved her hair lightly out of her face, "Now, she isn't the shield files, but she isn't the HYDRA ones either. Most of both of them files are lies, Steve."

"Why did both SHEILD AND HYDRA lie?"

"I have no clue. She is a really good person, SHEILD wrote her as broken, and HYDRA wrote her in any way they could manipulate her." I looked down at her peacefully sleeping.

Steve looked distant, "Why would anyone want to hurt her? She is innocent."

"Are you alright, man?"

Steve nodded, "Just a little tired..."

I looked at him, "I have seen you tired, this isn't it. What is really bothering you?"

"I just wish she would slow down, take a second to process everything. Her mom is dead and they can't find her siblings anywhere. She lost everything and she lives everyday like yesterday is a warzone- that looking back would get her killed. I talked to Bruce about it and he said she was in shock. What do you think?"

"I think that it will hit her all at once. Not even the scariest HYDRA agents would go near her when she finally lets everything get to her. She has just missed 50 some years of what her life was supposed to be. Her mom was her hero and she is dead. Her siblings were raised as if she was never born. Howard, her teacher, the one who taught her everything, imagine his quiet office as he worked. Imagine how unbearable. You can't tell me this girl hasn't thought about everyone who was hurting after she was taken, and she won't say how she was taken." I lowered my voice, afraid to wake her. "She went through hell, and she still puts on a smile so big its contagious. She will not ask for help and she doesn't want it either. We have to let her do this one alone, no matter how much it kills us."

Steve had tears in his eyes. His worst fear is coming true, he found someone he couldn't save. "Buck? When that day comes, you need to make sure she is okay. You are the one she's going to need."

I nodded. There wasn't any words left to say.

VIXENS POV-

The wind brushed warm against my face, the waves crashed against the cliff, it was a beautiful sunset. Jonah was talking to me, telling me about the ocean and how most sea creatures have never actually been discovered. 

I smiled, "How do people know that if they haven't been discovered?" I asked, laughing.

He laughed, "Do you have to question every smart thing I have to say?"