Scarily Familiar

After breakfast Steve and Tony walked me up to the Lab to meet with Bruce.  Natasha told me she would take me shopping later, so I'm looking forward to that. 

I sat down on the table and Tony asked me to lay back. I slowly laid back as he took out a needle, "Don't you have her blood from yesterday? Come on Stark you don't have to torture her." Steve said sitting me up.

"Dad, calm down. Let him do the tests, this isn't even close to torture." I squeezed his hand to show him it was okay.

He sat in the chair next to me as I laid back down, "Okay, proceed." I said.

"Did you j- just call me... dad?" Steve asked smiling bigger than I've ever seen.

I felt the fear rush painfully through my body, "I will stop if you don't like it."

"Don't stop," He smiled.

I could see Tony holding back a smile, "Okay can I fill these four tubes?" He asked holding four inch long tubes. 

"Yeah," I smiled. I looked over at Steve's worried face, "What's wrong?"

"That's a lot of blood," He whispered.

I shook my head, "What's next?" I asked feeling him pull the needle out of my arm.

"You don't think- think that is enough?" Steve asked nervously.

Tony slightly laughed, hearing Steve's comment, "A few pieces of hair?"

"Are you trying to clone me?" I laughed.

Tony laughed, "Of course not, I am trying to find your exact DNA." 

"Here," I pulled out a few hairs, "Is that good?" I asked sitting up.

"Perfect," He took them and set them in a bag. "May I?" He asked looking at the star on my shoulder blade.

I shook my head no, "Is it alright... if you don't? Not right now. I don't like people even really touching that shoulder."

"Of course, kiddo, that was the deal." Tony said taking a step back. 

Steve took my arm and walked me out of the lab, "Wanna talk about the star?"

"Not in the slightest," I whispered.

Steve stopped me from walking any further, "You can talk to me about it, you know that right?"

I nodded, "You know more about me than most people. I trust you, should there be a reason to not?"

"Of course not," He said looking me in the eye.

I sighed, "Then give me time, that's not even a day found in my nightmares, that's how deep it's hidden."

"Okay, that's okay." He whispered walking me back to the room I was in when I woke up. "This is your room, I couldn't really give you the grand tour when you were asleep. What do you like to do?"

"Draw," I whispered as I looked at the room in daylight, "This is a nice room."

"I like to draw too, and my room is right across the hall if you need anything." He said as he went to walk out the door.

"Wait," I panicked, "Where are you going?" I don't want to never see him again.

He turned around and sat on the desk by the window, "I thought you might want to be alone, but I will stay with you if you would like?"

"Please do," I whispered walking over to the desk, "Is there some pencils and paper around the building I can draw with?"

"Yeah, of course. I will be right back. I promise," He ran out of the room.