cold nights

I was running through the cold halls as my feet hurt upon impact with the floor. I could feel the sweat burning down my forehead, yet feeling cold as ice. Why was I running? I could hear screaming and crying from every direction. Every room I looked in was a torture room. Every hall I turned down looked the same. When I ran around the corner I saw a HYDRA guard. I turned around as quickly as possible and saw my reflection in the glass. I am thirteen? I shook my head and continued running. I ran into a room to watch myself shoot Harvey. Then I saw it again and again. It didn't stop.I ran out of the room and down the hall directly into Bucky. His hands on my shoulders stopping me in my tracks.

I shot awake trying to catch my breath as I felt the hands still on my shoulders, "Vixen! Vixen! Rogers, come on! You're alright, you're safe." Bucky whispered as he tried to stop me from shaking.

I nodded as he handed me a glass of water, "Thank you."

"I heard you screaming. Steve is down in the gym, I can go get him if you want?" He wiped the tears from my face.

"No," I shook my head, "That's okay. I think I'm just going to go back to sleep. Goodnight."

He gave me a soft smile, "I know you can't fall asleep after nightmares. At least not for hours."

"You don't have to stay awake. It was just a nightmare. A figment of my imagination."

"Do you know you scream talk when you're having nightmares?"

"I- I do?"

He chuckled, "Yeah, there are some pretty scary things that you say."

"What time is it?"

He looked down at his watch, "6:15. We could go on a walk if you would like?"

I nodded, "Just us?"

"I promise. Then we can go to a crappy diner and you can tell me all about the dream when you feel like it."

Bucky stepped out of the door and I got out of my bed and threw on a pair of sweatpants. I grabbed Jonah's jacket and threw it on over my tee shirt. I smiled because it smelled like him. I went to the bathroom and brushed through my hair quick. I walked into the hall to see Bucky leaning against the wall, "Took you long enough," I smiled at him as I walked down the hall.

"You were the one getting ready!"

"Tomato tamato!"

He ran up behind me and picked me up, I let out a scream in surprise. I laughed as he carried me upside down, down the stairs, "Be careful with her!" I heard Tony say.

Steve walked up to us, "You two going somewhere?" He asked casually. 

"We are going on a walk, then to breakfast."

Steve smiled, "I thought you were going with Thor today?"

"I will have her back before 9."

"You sound like that Jonah kid. He called to ask if he could take you on another date? And if Thor comes before then what do I say?"

"That I will be back."

"Alright Steve, I am taking my hostage and we are leaving!"

"Just don't drop her, Buck."

I laughed as he pretended to drop me, Steve looked as if his heart had just jumped out of his chest. I did a handstand then rolled to get down. "Want to walk or ride on my back?"

"Is that even a question?" I walked behind him.

He lifted me onto his back and ran towards the door. I laughed as he almost tripped. I missed him. My phone that Tony had given me a day or two ago rang in my pocket, "You've reached the ceo of unrecognized talent, Vixen speaking!" I laughed.