9. Trouble

Kiyo POV

'I have some questions to ask you, are you free right now?'

I continue to stare at the message on my phone. It was from Horikita and it wasn't a pleasant one.

Even so, the message is rather polite for something that Horikita has said.

I'd imagined her to say something like 'Open your door if you want to live, you are going to be interrogated for your crimes.'

Well I guess I shouldn't think too bad about her.

'Open your door, if you want to live, you are going to be interrogated for your crimes.'

"........."

I continue to stare blankly at the new message that just popped up. I was right after all.

Sighing out loud I got up from my bed on which I was resting and walked towards the door.

Opening the door I was met with the figure of Horikita. She was looking like her usual self but her glare was much more intensified.

It made me feel uncomfortable.

"I'd like it if you wouldn't leave my messages on read." She says in a threatening tone.

"I was thinking of how to answer you." I replied.

"I had just asked if you were free at the moment. You had the option of saying "no" in case you were busy."

'I could've but I have a feeling that you would've come here anyways...' I stopped myself from saying those words out loud.

"Hmm... Horikita-San? Is there something you wanted from us?" Kushida, who had just come from the convenience store, asked the question. She was gripping the plastic bag in her hand more tightly, it was obvious to me that she was displeased to see Horikita standing outside our room. 

"I had some questions which I'd like to ask Ayanokoji-kun."  Horikita answered bluntly. 

"Oh I see, I see..." Kushida said with a smile. 

I really don't like what is happening.... 

I was sitting on my bed beside Kushida, we were facing Horikita who sat on a chair in front of us. 

Kushida has been smiling ever since she met Horikita, if someone other than us looked at her, they'll think that Kushida really likes Horikita. 

As for us.... That smile was nothing but scary. 

"Umm so Horikita, what was it you wanted to talk about?" I asked, getting straight to the point. 

Usually, I would've offered her something to drink. But the uncomfortable situation I was in is nothing near to usual. 

"What is the relationship between you both?" Her question sounded more like a demand which annoyed Kushida even more. 

"Hmm? But Horikita-San, that's none of your business." Kushida was still smiling, it wasn't to maintain her public persona but to scare Horikita. 

Unfortunately the utterly dense Horikita couldn't understand the meaning behind this. 

Although should I be saying that....?

"We're going out." I replied before they started a fight. I'd like to maintain peace in the conversation.

A shocked expression made its way onto Horikita's face which confused me. 

Didn't she see us holding hands this morning? 

Horikita POV

"We're going out." As those words escaped the mouth of Ayanokoji-kun, the thing I didn't want to believe came true.