9- salt on a wound

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER NINE!                       — endless her

CHAPTER NINE!
endless her

"Four months harry.. Four fucking months you haven't known me your whole life"

TO BE OR NOT TO BE. Honestly, she had no idea what that meant. It was something everyone around her would preach so she began to say the phrase. Maybe in this case, it was actually 'to tell or not to tell.' The revelation that Onyx was actually the Demon-Wizard Onyxious could be a great deal to taking him down. But, the small group of teens didn't know who they could trust with the information. So, they kept it to themselves.

It was like a pandoras box of information. If they even let the tinest bit of information slip about it, it may end with the falling of the world. Maybe it would be like a lighttower crashing down into the vass sea or perhaps it would be simply only one domoio falling from the whole line. Whatever it was, she knew they were not prepared for the monster.

Val was actually shocked he was a demon-wizard-hybrid-thing and surprisingly relieved. It was common knowledge Voldemort was a horrible dark wizard who murdered thousands, including many people that directly affected Valerie's family. Even her brother had relations to Voldemort; his adoptive mother worked directly for Voldemort and betrayed the Potters. Luckily, Kaylee was caught and Erick was adopted by her dads. Yeah... Erick got adopted a lot in a very short amount of time.

Back to the demon-wizard.

Valerie had heard little fairy tales growing up about Onyx, but that's all they were; fairytales. They weren't exactly the ones with the princess and the Prince Charming who swooped her off of her feet, instead of being ones with the monster killing the princess herself before she could get a foot closer to the charming prince. No matter the story, they were still fairytails.

And that's all he used to be really, a tale to stop child her from doing anything bad because Onyxious will get you. Her dad always told her he would tickle her feet if they hunt over the bed or he would set the house on fire if she ate the last cookie. At the time, Sirius didn't think he was real so the stories he told her on Halloween were just meant to be shoking stories. In his defense no one really did. He was always just a myth.

After she got past the second year, she stopped believing in the demons of the night and began to focus more on the real demons who hid right in plain sight. Valerie stopped fearing the darkness and the monsters hidden under beds but now knowing Onyxious is real and he's coming stronger than ever, the fear was kicking back in. The only difference was now he was no longer a figment of her imagination.

Valerie shifted in her chair, catching Harry's deep blue eyes- Valerie only knew the color since the two would draw portraits of each other when they were younger, she swears. The two were working on their potions project. It was going quite horribly considering neither of them was any good at potions, especially an advanced potion such as amortentia.