22- were still young

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO!                       — endless her

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO!
endless her

"More than ready, Vanessa"

HER BODY ACHED FROM QUIDDITCH ALREADY. McGonagall was very close to canceling the sport altogether. However, the quidditch captains hated that idea, for great reasons. Harry was amazing in every way possible. Not only was he her best friend, but also the person she was falling into Limerence with. Valerie had also put together that Harry was one of her true loves.

Forgetting Harry, her body ached from quidditch already. That mixed with Black's army training and trying to gain hold of her abilities was quite tiring. It seemed no matter how hard she tried to control the light, it only became harder each time. But, with each time it got harder, it got more familiar. This made it easier to summon, harder to control. It wanted to do more. It wanted to run.

Valerie wouldn't let it run.

It had been a part of her for so long, hidden behind metal bars for her whole life. It was a prisoner of her own creation.

Harry handed her a quill, allowing her to scribble down notes quickly. Not only did she deal with the weight of the future on her shoulders, but she also had to deal with her future. Which, included graduating from Hogwarts. Even if students were being pulled out every day, they needed a Hogwarts education to do most things in the wizarding world. They would be back at the school in no time, doing the same thing as everyone else. Others would be graduated, others will not.

"I can't believe we have to do this even with a dark wizard breaking into the school," Valerie complained as she jotted everything down. "I don't think anyone has even processed it yet."

"You just solved your own issue, Val." Ron cheered, clapping his hands slowly and smoothly.

Valerie rolled her eyes, throwing a small grape at his forehead. One that she picked up using her magic. At any time she could, she tries to practice her ability. Especially because Onyx was becoming less predictable. "I hate everything about you, Ron. Hermione, would you ever think about dating him?"

Her face heated up like she was put in one-hundred-degree weather suddenly. Sure, Hermione knew a lot. But, a lot like Valerie, she didn't know much about love. Unlike Val, Hermione had never fallen into love with anyone other than Ron. Valerie had her relationship with Will and now a we-can't-date-right-now-but-we-also-can't-date-other-people thing with Harry.

Breathing out a huff of air, Hermione shook her head as she redirected all her attention onto her notes. "Ron, you are quite amazing but... I do have certain standards."