10 - quidbitch!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER TEN!                       — endless her

CHAPTER TEN!
endless her

"keep your paws off my girlfriend"

SHE COULD TOTALLY DROP OUT TO BE A QUIDDITCH STAR. It was in her blood- okay no it wasn't. Maybe with some of her friends- Harry- being a quidditch god was slithered into his veins like Draco Malfoy being the Slytherin Heir or whatever that is...

Valerie was just gifted at her amazing job of being a chaser. As much as she wanted to do better- it seemed like the funniest job in the world- she couldn't find as much comfort in it as she did being a chaser.

Being a chaser she got to ride through the wind, her hair flying back and her only job was successfully throwing the quaffle into the goals. Something was accelerating about rushing through the pitch.

Oh, and she was great at it.

Growing up she was taught by only the second-best chaser, James Potter. He got the second title since Valerie was clearly the first best.

James taught her how to perfectly play the chaser position. He couldn't get far with Harry considering the scarred boy found more interest in using his horrible eyesight to find a tiny golden bird, so Valerie was his little learner in a way.

Valerie learned the insides and out of being a chaser quickly, she loved the sport and the sport so it wasn't a surprise she picked it up so quickly. In a matter of years, she was able to absolutely rock James's shit. Not to mention she crushed Harry.

For a while, it was a genuine question of who would get the title of quidditch captain. Both Valerie and Harry were valuable members of the Gryffindor quidditch team and both had qualities that would make them the better captain. Harry was a natural leader whilst Valerie had great communication skills. Close to the same thing, but light-years apart at the same time.

However, even with both of them having amazing quality, in the end, Dumbledore picked Harry for quidditch captain. Not that Valerie cared at all no she actually was quite happy Harry was the one that had to deal with the stress of it all.

She cracked her knuckles, staring out onto the pitch. The first game of the year and they would be going against Hufflepuff.  The thing about the house when it came to quidditch was their 'nice' personas everyone knew them for, completely faded away. Many of the times Valerie had been in the hospital wing from quidditch would be the result of a Hufflepuff beater hitting a boulder at her.

They were great competitors... but Harry's team was elite status. He and Valerie had spent forever trying to figure out the teams. Like always, a ton of people wanted to be on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Even those who knew Jack-crap about the sport and only came to see the chosen one in action.