27- I fookin am alive

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN!                       - endless her

- endless her

"Quote from chapter"

HER FAVORITE COLOR WAS NEVER BLACK. It was one of those colors that seemed to drown you so easily. It took over any other color without trouble. The color scared her. Even though its barley possible, being afraid of a color, Valerie couldn't help but breathe out a sharp breath when she noticed everything had changed.

The color she once adored with her whole heart was gone. The grass wasn't grean, the sky wasn't blue. Everything was seen in black and white. She felt as if she was in an old horror movie. Everything from the colors to the gasoline she held in her hand made her feel like an actress.

She didn't allow herself to think about her actions before she spat out words. To her, it had barley been a day since she disapeared from earth. And sure, falling into a dirty wheat field wasn't on her to-do list but finding Onyx was. Clemence knew just where to take her apparently.

And with gasoline? Count her in for some arson.

"But they arent total knobs." She exclaimed, the wing blowing her hair about. The world turned for her, a renching feeling in her stomach when she saw him. The fear she had felt on that day built up in her stomach once again. Her hand began to shake, "get it, because you are the knobiest of knobs!"

Soemthing comforting came across her when she saw his eyes. The violet she once feard was gone. Sure, everything she saw was no longer colored; the child holding the coloring book had gave up. But, the way his eyes used to have a grasp on her was a weakness. One thing she does not need is weakness.

With a little more confidence, she watched as his face contorted into anger. "Where have you been, Vaxitra?! It's been terrible with you gone... did you know our deal didn't work out?"

"I'm aware." She muttered, bringing her light out. She heard gasps from the people who were previously fighting. The purple light she had once had was now a deep black. The darkness didn't just eat away at her colors, they ate away at her abilities aswell. Her grey irises had been replaced with a dull black aswell.

She wasn't even able to tell her violet had changed colors. It looked the same to her. Onyx grinned widely, "is something missing, Valerie?"he said her name almost mockingly.

To Onyx, the name Valerie was a weakness. It was a name she was given to have relations and connections that would only hold her back. No matter the meaning of the name, it would never be her true name to him. No matter how much it was to her.

She spat out a piece of hair that had flew in her mouth, "Yeah you dipshit! Im colorblind!"

"Watch your language..." he growled. "I did this all for you, daughter. In the end, being colorblind will only help you! Colors are for the weak-minded."