28- return at midnight

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT!                       - endless her

- endless her

"Quote from chapter"

SHE AWOKE WITH A START. With every past thought forgotten, her world spun in various ways. What happened in the past hours had flown out of her mind. Her vision came across as blurry and colorless. It was a blessing to had forgotten the colorless world she had foughten in before.

Valerie looked around the familiar room quickly. Pain flew through her head and her body ached in every spot but her only thought was on figuring out that missing hole in her mind. The door opened slightly and an excited yelp left the person there. Ginny ran up to Valerie and wrapped her in a tight hug.

The woman gasped, hitting Ginny's arm, "I cant breathe, gin!"

"You're awake!" She cheered, her voice wavering. Ginny wasn't one to crty often so it was a shock she seemed so close to crying. "You've been asleep for a month! Val, you slept for your birthday. Ember wasn't sure when you would wake up-"

"Ive been asleep for a month?" She questioned. Valerie had already been away for a year, adding on a month wasn't any better. She had missed inside jokes, graduation, she had missed nearly everything.

Ginny pulled back from their hug and gave Val a sorrowful look. "I should go get Ember. I'll be back though. Don't worry, we'll catch you up. And happy late 18th birthday." the gignger girl smield slightly before running out of the room.

When she had left Valerie's sight, the woman leaned back down onto her bed. The glow in the dark stars on her ceiling glew more than ever with the night sky outside. She began to resent Onyx for taking away a large portion of her life. Her life could've changed so much in the year and a month that she had missed and she never got to experience it.

Her life was an unfinished sentence at all times. There was never a period at the end. Everything was in comas. Now, a large portion of what would've made a long list is blank. She didn't experience graduation like her other friend she had. She didn't get to see where her relationship with Harry would've ended up. She didn't even get to see her 18 birthday because of Onyx's actions.

And while he was most likely dead, she still hated every bit of him. He took away something she would never be able to get back. The only thing that was left was a gaping hole in her heart and mind.

The door creaked open, giving Valerie a hearing of all the voices downstairs. She could hear someone arguing about her. The only words she was able to make out in her state were, see and stupid. Which, are confusing in any context.