Chapter 14

Blake tugged on my arm for me to follow him. "Come on. I'm taking you to school."

"Huh?", I said slinging my book bag over my shoulder.

"Huh?", He said jokingly trying to mimic my voice. "I said I'm taking you to school so hurry up."

He tugged my arm harder. I hummed a random tune awkwardly as I looked at my parents' blank expressions. I couldn't tell what they were thinking and that was just terrifying. They watched as Blake whisked me away and out the through the front door. I waved feebly at them as I was pulled away.

He finally released me when we were outside in the driveway. He unlocked the car and we both got inside.

"So. What about Alex? Shouldn't he get the memo not to pick me up?", I said to him.

He started up the car. "Already taken care of."

I shook my head and scoffed to my self then said under my breath. "You sly son of a bitch."

He chuckled to himself obviously hearing what I had said. God, I never get tired of that laugh. It makes my heart throb every time.

He drove down the driveway and onto the road. No sooner we were out of the neighborhood, I looked at the clock on the dashboard and realize that we might be late for school. I didn't really care, though, since Blake and I were going to be late together if that was the case. At least we have good reason to be late- kind of.

We got to a red light and Blake said, "I like your jeans."

"Thanks.", I dragged out the word while quizzically looking back at him.

He stared ahead at the road smiling to himself.

"Are they new?", He asked.

"No.", I said cocking my head slightly due to the fact that he was really getting into the unimportant topic of my jeans.

"Well they fit you really well- like- really well.", He said.

"Uh, ok.", I said semi-uncomfortably. "I like your shirt. It really outlines your physique."

The traffic light changed.

"Are you flirting with me Jesse?", Blake said playfully.

"Are you flirting with me? I mean, you were pretty much obsessing over my jeans.", I said.

"You answer my question first.", He insisted.

"No, you."

"No, you.", He said.

(These back-and-forth "no you's" went on several more times.)

"I'm just saying that those are some good-looking jeans is all. You're the one that had to mention my physique.", He laughed.

I felt a little uncomfortable for some reason. I usually wasn't the highly-sexual or flirtatious type so it would've been a first for me, so I didn't bother to respond to him to further contribute to the awkwardness of the situation. Blake was already a tease so I knew he would find some way of stretching the situation way out of proportion.

For some reason, it felt as though Blake and I had been together longer than just two days. There was this instant connection whenever I was with him. I've never felt more happy in my life and I hate how I had waited so long to initiate this time in my life with fear that it wouldn't work out. Yet, I still want to fill tht hole in and learn more about him and for him to learn more about me. The idea of me telling him my biggest secret: that I'm a vampire, swirled around in my head. No one knows about that secret of mine- not even Alex. How would he react to it?