Chapter 1

Picture of Jesse. ^_^

Here is where the story officially starts.

Quick side note before we really get this party started, vampire eye colors in the story:
•Regular eye color - Whatever color that they originally were before when human but lighter.
•Thirst-for-blood eye color - Red
•Post-consumption of blood eye color - Dark gray almost black.

Happy Ready! (^~^)
________________________________________
"Mr. Hayes!", My history teacher, Mr. Thompson, banged his hand on the table causing me to jump a little and abruptly lift my head from the sketch I was making in the margin of my paper.

I looked up at my teacher with an expression filled with boredom. "Yes, Mr. Thompson?"

"Mind letting me know what is more important on your paper than today's history lesson?", He said sternly with his eyebrows raised.

I scoffed. "Uh, yeah. I mind."

The whole class laughed and I couldn't help but crack a smile myself.

"Oh, ok. You think this is funny?", He said while gesturing for the class to be quiet.

"More or less, yeah.", I replied to make the class start laughing again.

"Hmph.", He said angrily obviously not expecting that answer from me. "Then if you believe that the lesson is of no importance to you and you already know the material, then I'm sure that you can tell us about the Civil Rights Act of 1875, yes?"

I smirked slyly. "Ok, then. The Civil Rights Act of 1875 was put forth by the "lame-duck" Republican Party of Congress. It sought to guarantee freedom to many public places regardless of race."

"Ooh, got 'em.", Some guy in the back said.

Mr. Thompson stood there peering at me with a disapproving expression. He pressed on challenging me. "Hmm. And why was it, in turn, unsuccessful?"

I smirked once more, gave a suspenseful pause, then answered. "Because it was rarely enforced and in 1883, the Supreme Court declared it unconstitutional. Do you want me to do a handstand while I list all the Amendments too? Because I can do that if you want."

The class erupted with laughter and I pursed my lips trying to hold back my own.

"Amendment one...", I started off saying before Mr. Thompson gestured for me to stop.

Mr. Thompson said sarcastically, "Hmm. Bravo, Mr. Hayes. I guess I was proved wrong. Unfortunately again. But still, pay attention in my class!" He said under his breath, "Because they don't pay me enough to teach anyway."

Blake, a guy who sat in front of me and whom I have found attractive for the longest while, turned around and smiled at me then put out his fist for a knuckle touch.

So far, it was a pretty good day. I got to annoy my history teacher and make him look dumb in front of the class and I managed to some recognition from the hottest guy in the school.

I might as well rule the world now.

I stared at the back of Blake's head for several minutes. I could make out every strand of his amazing blonde hair- even the subtle highlights in it.

At one point, he ran his hand through his hair which almost made me lose it. How can someone be so perfect? Does God just pick a kid and say "You're in luck, kid. I'm gonna make you dangerously attractive."?

They say when you become a vampire, you become twice as beautiful. I can't help but imagine how much more beautiful Blake could look. Hell, he could probably rule the world himself with just his looks!