Chapter 3

Picture of Alex! ^_^
________________________________________

We soon arrived at the mall. The place was surprisingly packed for a weekday. Then again, it was after most work hours when people were off work.

I jumped out of the truck happily. "Ah, yes! I'm alive! We didn't blow up, Alex!"

Alex got out and locked the truck. He walked around it and look at me with with a blank expression. "If you act like this in the mall, I'm leaving you there."

"Fine. I can just ask Blake to pick me up.", I smirked slyly as he walked passed me towards the mall entrance.

"Oh, really? How? You don't even have his number to call him.", He said without looking back at me.

"Hmm. True. Ok, I'll give you that.", I said when I caught up to him. "I can still get it though."

As we got inside the sound of, what seemed like, a thousand people hit me like a bullet. My ears were sensitive to sound so all of the talking from each individual person was too much to process. I tried to teach myself to zone out of particular sounds many times before without any luck. I couldn't help but tune into everything at the same time.

I was forced to stop after a few steps once getting inside. I tried blocking out some of the sound by putting my hands over my ears but that barely helped. It gave me a headache that was so excruciating that I went down on my knees.

I knew people were probably staring since I heard a few of them pointing out the fact that some teenage boy was keeled over on the ground with his hands over his ears as if preparing for some big apocalypse. I heard Alex stop, probably realizing that I wasn't walking with him anymore, then turn and walk towards me.

I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Jesse? You alright?"

All I could do was shake my head "yes" to assure him I wasn't having a seizure or something.

"Should we leave? You don't look so good, man."

"It's alright, Alex.", I forced myself to say. "This happens whenever a bunch of people are around."

"Is it anxiety or something?"

"Nah. I'm just really sensitive to sound. Let's just get to the store."

I managed to stand up and see that Alex was looking at me with concern and doubt that I was really ok. I assured him again that I was fine and we continued walking to the store.

No matter how much I annoyed Alex, most times purposefully, he would always look out for me like a brother.

Men's Wearhouse was on the other side of the mall. After a good several minutes of my ears almost bleeding out and Alex continually asking if I was ok, we made it there.

There were quite a few people in there but thankfully they weren't yelling or all talking at once. It was mostly guys in there, of course, most looking like they were in their mid-twenties to early thirties. Some brought their girlfriends or wives with them- probably because they wanted to tag along and shop for things throughout the store. Typical.

"Alright. I'll just sit right here while you look around.", Alex said while plopping himself down.

"You're not going to-" I stopped when Alex gave me a look. "Never mind."

He sighed then took out his phone to check his text messages. Geez, I swear this generation is so caught up with technology. I remember when people were excited about the telegraph, but this was different!

"Oh!", I said. "That reminds me! I should probably text my mom and tell her I'm here."

Alex didn't even acknowledge me and instead was texting away on his own phone with his rude self.

I texted my mom and thankfully she said was it fine and that I shouldn't stay too long.

I looked at Alex and frowned at the fact that he still had his head in his phone. I walked away to look around the store for the suits section.

"Shit!" I said to myself when I stopped in the aisle and patted my pockets. "I don't even have money! Uh! Idiot!"

I cursed to myself as I walked back to Alex with a reassuring smile.

He looked up slowly from his phone. "What? Did you find a suit already?"

"No.", I said trying to be calm. "I, uh, forgot that I don't have any money with me."

Alex narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth halfway. He exhaled heavily through his nose. "So. Let me guess. You want me to give you some money?"

I winced and smiled shakily. "Yea... I'll pay you back. Promise."

"You told me that a year ago when I paid for your movie ticket.", He sighed and stood up to get his wallet from his back pocket. "Fine. You're lucky I'm a nice guy."

He took out a credit card from his wallet.

"What the heck. You have a credit card? Your parents have that much trust in you?", I said with a hint of jealousy in my voice.

"Yea. My parents hook me up with all kinds of stuff.", He handed me the card but continued holding on to it when I took it. He looked up at me. "You know you can just rent a suit instead of buying it? Just do that because it would save me a lot of money."

"Alright. Fine. I'll do that.", I gripped the card harder and he finally released his hold on it.

I went back over to the aisle that I was in and searched for suits that interested me. I had never really gone suit shopping, in this day-and-age before and definitely didn't know what to look for in a suit so I just looked for ones that didn't make me look like I was in the mafia and also didn't make be look like I was a stockbroker.

There were brown- colored suits that would've looked nice if it was the 60s. So I turned to the more modest-colored suits of black or dark gray. After like ten minutes and walking back and forth through several aisles, I was able to make up my mind on three suits and a blue tie that seemed to go well with all three.

I went over to the dressing room to try them on. I was able to single out one of them but couldn't decide which one looked better. I literally stared at them for five minutes on their hangers and pushing the tie on them both to see which looked better. Then I tried on the one that I felt slightly more confident in again.

Suddenly, I heard a girl's giggling. I ignored it at first but then she spoke.

"I love that one on you! You should wear that one.", she said excitedly.

"What the hell?", I whisper to myself. "No way."

It sounded like Ashley but I prayed it wasn't her- it couldn't be. I opened the door to my dressing room slowly and peeked my head through so I could see who it was. Sure enough, it was indeed that annoying brunette girl! How in the hell was she and Blake here?

She wouldn't have noticed me spying on her if me and my clumsy self didn't misstep and accidentally open the door a little wider making is squeak.

"Jesse?", Ashley's eyes lit up as she saw me . "What are you doing here?"

"Uh. I could ask the same to you.", I said.

"Oh, well I'm just with Blake to help him pick out a suit."

I heard shuffling in the dressing room that Blake was most likely in.

"Who's that? Jesse's here?", I heard Blake say from inside the room.

I felt a shiver down my back. I was trying to decide whether to be embarrassed about the fact that I happened to be in the same place as Blake at the same time or not.

He finally came out in a pretty nice black suit with a red tie. It fit him so well and you could make out the muscles in his arms. The way he had his hands in the pockets of the suit pants like the badass he was made him look amazingly hot. I was scared I would be so overwhelmed and pass out right there.

I couldn't find one flaw on the boy. Suit. Check. Hair. Check. Face. Check. Body. Check.

I shook my head at how shockingly good he looked. "Damn.", I said to myself without realizing it.