Chapter 18

"So what was that thing you needed to tell me?", Blake asked as we both got into his car.

I shut the door and buckled my seat belt trying to give Blake the cue that I wasn't going to reply to him. He put the key into the ignition but didn't start the car. He looked at me for several seconds as I looked forward trying to make contact with him.

"We're not leaving here until you tell me what Alex was talking. I hate secrets.", He said.

I sighed. "Well I guys we're going to be camping here for the night."

Blake scoffed then broke out in a subtle laugh. "Jesse, why can't you just tell me?"

"Because I have nothing to tell you.", I said. "Alex was just joking and teasing me like he always does."

He continued staring at me blankly so I said, "What?"

"Nothing. I just trying to figure out if you're telling the truth or not."

He hesitantly started the car and put the gear in reverse. I released the tension in my muscles since I was relieved I didn't have to explain the whole story to him. He would probably never speak to me again if I did! But I just couldn't get what Alex said out of my head.

"I'm jealous of Blake and... I'm deeply in love with you."

He couldn't be serious, right? He was too casual for it to be a serious statement. We known each other for some two years and he's now coming out to me as being bisexual... pansexual.. whatever he is?

"It doesn't make any sense.", I thought.

"What doesn't make any sense?", Blake asked suddenly.

I freaked out. "Whoa- whoa. Did I say that out loud? -Shit! Forget what just happened."

He bursted out laughing and jerked the car when he had realized that he had veered out of the lane an into the one adjacent to him. The driver next to us beeped and braked.

"Can you please focus on not killing us right now?", I said gripping my seat.

He gave a single laugh. "Alright, but you'll still have to tell me what he said.", He turned his head and looked at me with a serious look. "I'll make you."

"The hell?", I said confused. "Was that a threat?"

"No, but I will seriously find out. I have my ways.", He said in a smart aleck way.

I rolled my eyes at him and shifted my attention to outside my window.
__________
We soon pulled up into my driveway.

I sighed. "Can we not be here right now?"

Blake put the car in park and pulled up the parking brake. "Why?"

I gave the "you-know-why" look.

"Oh...", Blake said. "Again, I'm really sorry that I did that in front of your parents. I thought they knew."

"Well, they know now. Let's hope they're not some extreme Christians and condemn me to hell.", I said with a sarcastic smile.

Now that I think about it, being that I'm a vampire, I'm probably going to hell anyway. It kind of sucks since I was doing to well while I was human. My real parents were Catholics so I confessed all my sins up until I turned into a vampire. I probably have a huge list of sins right now.

Blake had a worried frown on his face.

"It's ok.", I said. "I'll be able to handle whatever they throw at me. Including holy water and a bunch of crosses."

I kissed him on his lips and he pulled me closer to him. He bite my lower lip gently, which I thought would be weird but actually was pretty sexy. I bite his to play along.

I brought my kisses down to his neck and behind his ear. I could feel his cool breath on my own neck.

He eased off me and looked in my eyes in an investigative way. "Being with you is so refreshing. Is that weird for me to say?"

"No. I feel the exact same way. Maybe even more."

He leaned in close to me and whispered in my ear. "I love you." He leaned off of me. "Now go in there and speak your mind to your parents, and if they don't like what they hear, too bad!"

I laughed at how preachy he was acting. "Thanks for the inspirational speech. See you tomorrow!"

I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. He pulled down the driveway as I waved at him.

I took a deep breath before going through the front door.

"I'm home!", I said closing the door carefully behind me.

I didn't see anyone in the living room or kitchen. I peeked through the windows of the porch and sure enough mom was there reading a book. I walked in carefully and knocked on the door to announce my presence. She looked up from the book at me and sat up in the couch.

"Hey, sweetie. How was your day?", She said with a smile.

"Fine.", I walked over to her cautiously waiting for her to bring up this morning's incident.

I sat next to her. "So..."

"What's up?", She asked.

"You're not going to say anything about what happened this morning?"

A confused looked was plastered on her face. "Should I?"

What the hell? Was she serious? Was it going to be that easy for her to be ok with the fact that I'm gay.

"So you don't think I've sinned?", I asked knowing how she came from a religious background.

"What? Honey, no. You do what makes you happy. As long as it doesn't involve a criminal act, do what you want. If you're happy, I'm happy.", She gave me a hug and I was still confused how great this was actually going. "Plus, Blake is quite handsome."

"Mom!", I said getting embarrassed.