Chapter 22

"You never told me how coming out to your parents went.", Alex said at lunch.

I sighed at the reminder of it. I knew he would bring it up eventually but it still pissed me off just thinking about it.

"Well. My mom approves and my dad officially hates me.", I said. "But it's ok. Honestly, I could give less a fuck what my dad thinks since I'm going to be out of the house in a few months anyway. Plus, I'm basically invincible after I turn 18."

"And get your license.", Alex added.

"Yea, that too.", I said.

If you're curious as to why I haven't gotten my license yet, it's because I suck a parallel parking. And that's kind of important to know if you live in the suburbs or cities of New York. I can drive pretty well besides that.

Blake soon sat down next to me at the table. He handed me what I guessed was the football game ticket.

"Oh, thanks, Blake. You didn't have to buy it for me, though.", I said.

I took out my wallet from my back pocket and stuck the ticket inside.
I reach in for a ten dollar bill.

"I can pay you back for it- and you can keep the change too.", I said.

"Don't worry about it. The ticket's on me.", Blake said smiling.

There was something unsettling about the way Alex looked at Blake. It wasn't exactly the type of look that you would give someone if you're angry at them. Nor was it one that you would give if you simply wanted to kill the person. It was more like a mysterious and investigative look. It was even more odd because he was engrossed in his one-side staring contest with Blake.

What happened to them being best buds and joking about me with each other? He couldn't really be jealous of Blake? There are way more attractive guys at our school than me.

I watched as he would put on a fake-ass smile when Blake looked up from his food then go back to the unsettling demeanor when Blake wasn't looking. This happened multiple times throughout lunch. It was even more uncomfortable due to the fact that know within our triangle was talking; Blake's other three friends were busy talking amongst themselves. If was both amusing and creepy to me.

"So where I'm Florida is your cousin from, Alex.", I said trying to end the awkward silence. Alex's attention snapped to me.

"What?", He asked.

"I said where-"

"Oh. Tampa Bay.", He asked, canceling the repeat of my question.

"The hell is wrong with you today? You're all snappy.", I said to him.

"It's probably his time of the month.", Blake remarked grinning.

Look, I know Blake can be a little smart aleck, jokester, dry-humored guy but I didn't expect this next thing to occur.

"Did anybody ask you to fucking open your mouth?", Alex yelled out at him. Some people around our lunch table looked over with bewildered faces.

I sort of slumped down in my seat since I felt like I had initiated this episode of tension.

"Alex. Calm down man.", Blake said. "I was just kidding."

"Shut up and stop trying to play innocent!", Alex shouted back.

Meanwhile, I sitting there wondering what the hell is going on. I understand Alex said that he's bipolar but this was of-the-charts insane.

Alex suddenly reached over the table and grabbed Blake's shirt.

"Hey!", Blake said in surprise. "What are you doing. Let go of my shirt, man."

"Can we just all get along. Please.", I said. "We were doing so well."

"If you hurt Jesse in any way, I will kill you.", Alex said through his teeth.

I looked around so see if there were any adult witnesses around us. I didn't want to some controversy to start.

I looked Blake as He fixed his shirt angrily with a quick jerk and shot Alex that Regina George look.

"Why the fuck are you looking at me?", Alex said to him fiercely.

"What if I look at you. You gonna grab my shirt again and threaten to do things that you probably won't do anyway?", Blake said. "Gee, I really wonder how Jesse found you as a good friend."

"And I really wonder how Jesse found you and your man-whore self, that decides to change sexualities in less than a day, a good boyfriend.", Alex said.

I saw Michael, sitting two seats down, trying to hold back a laugh. "Ooh. Burn."

"Was anybody talking to you, Mike?", Blake said turning to Michael.

Michael smile dropped to an expression that of a child who has gotten in trouble. "I was just-"

"No! Shut the hell up!", Blake said in a dark tone.

I can take Alex's pissed off voice but Blake's was disturbing. I hated to see him like that. It was like a new sit of him.

"Girls.", I said butting in and intending to bring some light humor to their ordeal. "You're both pretty so let's be friends again."

"Again?", Alex said still glaring at Blake. He scoffed, "I was never friends with this man-whore, dip-shit, fuck-face, fucker."

"Well. At least now we know who the real liar is.", Blake said.

"Cut the crap. This is all a game to you. But don't worry. Everything will soon fall into place and the joke will be on you.", Alex said.

The only thing I wanted right then and there was an explanation as to what the hell was going on. How does one little comment turn into the most historical argument that ice ever seen?