Chapter 24

"Where are you going, mister?", My mom said as she saw me looking through the front door.

Realize that I do not support lying. Don't ever lie to your parent kids- unless you're in my exact situation. Of course I couldn't tell her that I'm going to the game so I have to pull another lie from my hat. This is probably lie #681.

"Oh, I'm going over to Alex's house to play some video games.", I said in a rather "no-I'm-not-lying" tone. In other words, I was keeping my cool pretty well.

"Ok. Well, you know the drill.", She said. "Be back-"

"by midnight.", I finished her sentence. "I know. I will."

She washed off the last dish and placed it in the dish rack on the counter then dried her hands.

"So you're just waiting on Alex?", She asked.

"Yup. Just waiting on Alex.", I repeated her.

I still felt as though she was suspicious of me so I relaxed myself some more to make it look like I was telling the truth. She also does this thing where she hangs around you to make sure what you said is actually going to play out.

I watched some TV in the living room for about 15 minutes wondering where the hell this boy was! I shot up when the door bell finally rang.

"About time.", I said opening the door to him.

"The fuck I look like, a chauffeur? I have a life too.", He stopped at looked behind me at my mom sitting at the kitchen island.

"Language, Alex.", She said raising her eyebrows.

"Sorry, Mrs. Hayes."

"Make sure you bring him back before midnight.", She said. "Have fun playing your video games."

I rolled my eyes at how she was babying me.

"Video games?", Alex asked.

I eyed Alex. "Yes, Alex. Remember we talked about this."

"No, we di-"

I elbowed him in the side while my mom wasn't looking.

"Oh, yea. My memory must be failing me.", He said in the most terrible acting voice ever. He looked at me confused. "We're going to play that game."

"Yea.", I said urging him to quit acting a fool while he was ahead. "So let's go play that game, pal."

"Bye, mom.", I waved back.

"Bye, sweetie."

I shoved him outside so I could step out of the house and close the door behind me. I sighed at the fact that I had made it past the most important and difficult phase of my lie.

"What the hell was that back there?", I asked when we got into the truck.

"I was confused when you were talking about us playing video games. Aren't I taking you to the game?"

"Yes, Alex. But my dad won't allow me to go so I have to come up with a lie to cover myself.", I said.

"Ok well make sure you have that asshole pick you up.", He said.

"Hey!", I yelled at him. "Don't call Blake that!"

"Why not? He is one.", Alex protested.

"Uh, because he's my boyfriend.", I said thinking it was a no-brainer. "If you can't have respect for him-"

"Then what?"

"Then...", I trailed off not wanting to finish the sentence but finished it anyway. "we can't be friends anymore."