40: cream cake

After an amazing few days on Jeju island Jungkook and Taehyung arrived back in korea. Taehyung was all shaken from the flight, having Jungkook carry both their suitcases. But the raven didn't mind; he was very happy. happy because he had so much fun with Taehyung and a lot of romantic moments together. and also happy because he had a new publisher for his books. So the new year was gonna be amazing.

"I am not doing it again. i hate it!" taehyung said. "It's too scary, my legs are still shaky!"

"We are back on land, relax '' Jungkook chuckled as they went through the last gates and were in the airport hall. They were talking when they got interrupted by a pink haired person jumping on Taehyung's back.

"Taehyung-ahh!"

"Jimin?! what are you doing here?" Taehyung quickly put his arms under Jimin's legs so his friend wouldn't fall.

"I came to welcome you back of course, how was your first flight?"

"It was horrible. I will never do it ever again!"

Jungkook looked at the two and rolled his eyes. his boyfriend got snatched away just like that. now all occupied by Jimin who was talking like they haven't spoken in years. Taehyung walked with jimin on his back to yoongi and hoseok who stood nearby too. someone taking a few pictures of the two rappers.

"I was hoping for some nice time with my love, but I guess I will have to wait. '' Jungkook sighed and walked to the others carrying the bags. Hoseok gave him a wave which he nodded back to.

"yo" hoseok said.

"hey"

"Your boyfriend replaced you already?"

"It seems like it," Jungkook chuckled looking at Taehyung who showed Jimin the necklace gift Jungkook had bought for him on their date. Jungkook had a matching one himself too. It was a set. Jungkook secretly had a thing for cheesy matching clothes and gifts.

"Well, nothing to do about it. Jimin had been waiting to see taehyung for a while now. he just got some time off from work"

"ah like that. Well, I suppose I can let him go for today. even if i didn't want to, '' Jungkook said. He sighed. He really hoped to be with Taehyung alone today. but if he wanted to spend time with his friend then that was okay. Jungkook will pass time doing something else then.

-

After a long day that Jungkook wasn't quite having fun tagging along with Jimin and his boyfriend who were having a great time. Jungkook had the car so he couldn't just leave them, but he went to lunch with Yoongi and Hoseok so he wasn't fully bored all the time. He had something to do too.

"don't complain, I have never made it before!" taehyung pouty as he turned on the dishwasher. Jungkook had complained about the food being burned, making taehyung annoyed with it. The boy tried to make something new for the raven but he messed up as he had no idea how to make it properly.

"But-"

"no but, if you hate it you can make a sandwich or whatever"

"tae, I'm sorry. dont be angry. i didn't want to upset you with it"

"It's rude to complain about food i worked hard on to prepare for you"

"Im sorry"

"If you buy me one of those donuts tomorrow I will forgive you," taehyung said, tilting his head and poke Jungkook's chest.

"I will but a whole box"

"Even better '' Taehyung chuckled and pecked Jungkook's nose before heading to the couch and flopped down. "now go shower, you are smelly"

"wha-alright, i will be right back" jungkook said sniffing himself before realising he did indeed smell. Quickly he made his way to the shower so he will be fresh before going to bed.

While he was busy cleaning himself, Taehyung was on his phone texting with Seokjin who was asking how his trip was. Taehyung told him about the interview. and few details of their dates. leaving out the spicy moments. In short, all about the amazing time he had. Suddenly the bedroom door opened catching taehyung's attention as he looked at the doorway.

"Tae, I'm sorry" Jungkook said the boy turned around a bit worried why the raven was saying this so suddenly.

"what why? what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry for hurting you at that time. I'm sorry for my natural flirty behaviour... I'm sorry i wasn't a good boyfriend in the start"

"Koo..." Taehyung put the phone down and walked to Jungkook who stood in the doorway looking a bit lost. He wrapped his arms around the male hugging him as he rested his head against his chest. "It's okay, I have forgiven you. You are amazing now. you're a real sweetheart"

"you think so?" Jungkook asked. He didn't really speak about his feelings or thoughts like this. He didn't like looking vulnerable. but he actually was. He was pretty sensitive, especially when it came to taehyung.

"Yes, now don't be sad. Lets go to bed together and cuddle"

"I would never say no to that," Jungkook chuckled and pecked Taehyung's lips. The blonde smiled warmly and walked back to the room, turning off all the lights before heading in the bedroom as well. While Taehyung was in the bathroom Jungkook laid in the bed thinking. How would his life look like if he had never met taehyung. it was all a coincidence. he moved here and went to the nearest cafe for a morning coffee to start his day. and that when he saw the most beautiful boy he had ever seen. That was the day he ,et taehyung. and he hasn't gone to any other cafe since then. He visited almost everyday hoping to see the boy again. a crush that changed into a deep love. a love that opened his eyes.

"What's on your mind?" Taehyung asked, already getting under the covers and scooting against jungkook.

"nothing. come here baby" jungkook said softly and pulled the boy in his arms hugging him. nuzzling his nose in taehyung's neck, closing his eyes. this was the most comfortable position he had been in so far, it felt safe. It felt like home. Taehyung really was his home. Taehyung was all he needed, he didn't need fame or anything like that, he was perfectly fine with Taehyung at his side. Jungkook chuckled, love was such a strange feeling.

---

thank you for reading. i will publish the last chapter of this story tomorrow. i will see you tomorrow in the ending! 

🌼🌼🌼